Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Religious Flame War Mafia - END GAME  (Read 23077 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Religious Flame War Mafia - Night 2
« Reply #165 on: September 05, 2009, 09:14:24 pm »

Cheetar, don't edit your posts.  Editing is not allowed in mafia.  If you forgot something or made a mistake, write another post (double posting is ok here)

That's 5 on Bulb now.  I think we're about done this day.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 05, 2009, 09:23:07 pm »

Oh, sorry.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 06, 2009, 08:26:44 am »

Vote Bulborbish

Good job other religion, you win

I wasn't on when you started to vote for Red, so I couldn't stop it.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Religious Flame War Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #168 on: September 06, 2009, 12:42:25 pm »

Thanks Eduren, forgot about that.

I suppose I ought to end the game? Let me think up some RP so I can do that properly.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 06, 2009, 12:49:00 pm »

Wait so, the games over?

That was fun.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 06, 2009, 01:51:00 pm »

As they say "All threats are removed"  The opposing religion is gone as are all who have a need to kill anyone else.  All townies have a 'Survive' goal since there's no Merc.  The big religion has no more threats so it can grow big enough to win anyway. 

There's only one issue: If Bulb recruited someone in Night 2, then it depends: if they are vanilla Agnostic, they win anyway.  If they are a power role, their role switched to 'religion wins' so they'll lose. 

And that's that.  I REALLY want to know you guys reasoning for that Night 1 kill: that was either an insane read or a crazy-lucky shot.
I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 06, 2009, 02:11:51 pm »

It's amazing how even the best of mafia setups can be ruined by those damn players.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 06, 2009, 03:00:23 pm »

Didn't seem ruined to me actually.  Most games end at the end of Day 3.  As for the number of folks surviving: this game was meant to have a lot of survivors.  It just has an odd ending that feel unfinished.

Night 1 was a lucky shot, but shouldn't have been a game killer.  Bulb's group lost their kill ability but gained the Mod as a recruit.  They effectively had control of the vote.  I was also in good relations with Xen from talks in Day 1 and I would've been sypathetic to the non-zealot religion.

So Bulb's group has their Prophet and Evan, the double voter and, with some risk and communication, the FBI agent. 

The problem: no one told Xen who the prophet was and both religion members went quiet.  I had expected the relilgious to get aggressive in the vote and try to draw out who was who.  I expected someone to notice I was very eager in Zealot killing.  Since no one did anything I figured you religious folks were hiding so I took a "Smoke em out or wipe em out" decision. 

The rest was luck.  Prophet died.  Recruit stolen who had knowledge of the Evan.  Rest is history.

If there's something that needs work from what I saw, it would be more motivation for the town to act.  That'll bring the religious out of hiding and help cover them during the day.  Of course, I'll know more once I see how the religions were planning things out. 
I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 06, 2009, 03:05:57 pm »

As they say "All threats are removed"  The opposing religion is gone as are all who have a need to kill anyone else.  All townies have a 'Survive' goal since there's no Merc.  The big religion has no more threats so it can grow big enough to win anyway. 

There's only one issue: If Bulb recruited someone in Night 2, then it depends: if they are vanilla Agnostic, they win anyway.  If they are a power role, their role switched to 'religion wins' so they'll lose. 

And that's that.  I REALLY want to know you guys reasoning for that Night 1 kill: that was either an insane read or a crazy-lucky shot.

Games over, so why not?

I am the other Zealot.  I killed Servant Corps because, well, I didn't want the ArmChair to find us out, if he didn't clam ArmChair this game would have ended up very different.  We killed to prevent being found out, just luck he was actually the other zealot!  :-D

Our religion:

Pandarsenic - Prophet
Frelock - E-Evangelist
ToonyMan - Zealot
Xegeth - Recruited Night 2; Moderator

ACTIONS:

Night 1 - Kill Servant Corps
Night 2 - Convert Xegeth
Night 3 - We were going to kill Dakarian.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 06, 2009, 03:09:26 pm »

You know, you could have just "converted" me rather than kill me. Especially Panda was just the Prophet.

But whatever. Here's the quicktopics for our religion and the dead chat.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 06, 2009, 03:11:02 pm »

You know, you could have just "converted" me rather than kill me. Especially Panda was just the Prophet.

But whatever. Here's the quicktopics for our religion and the dead chat.

Bah.  I wouldn't fall for such.

Anyway, here's our religion talk:

http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/Quhq7kpK9RqXL

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 06, 2009, 03:11:28 pm »

I think the problem might be that the "town" basically just decided to give up and try and get themselves converted.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 06, 2009, 03:21:05 pm »

I think the problem might be that the "town" basically just decided to give up and try and get themselves converted.

Well, being converted proves to one religion you're not part of the other religion. Of course, I had the luxury of being proven on the town, so it's a moot point. Oh btw, thanks for staying in touch, religion that converted me.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 06, 2009, 03:23:22 pm »

I was Armchair Theologian.

Night 1: Dakarian (Random) = Agnostic
Night 2: Mr.Person (Random) = Weak Religious

I dont think i would have ever roleclaimed after seeing what happened to Servant Corps.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 06, 2009, 03:24:52 pm »

I was Armchair Theologian.

Night 1: Dakarian (Random) = Agnostic
Night 2: Mr.Person (Random) = Weak Religious

I dont think i would have ever roleclaimed after seeing what happened to Servant Corps.

I knew there was an Armchair, luckily you didn't hit one of us.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13