Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Religious Flame War Mafia - END GAME  (Read 22716 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Religious Flame War Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #180 on: September 06, 2009, 03:27:15 pm »

I think the problem might be that the "town" basically just decided to give up and try and get themselves converted.

Well, being converted proves to one religion you're not part of the other religion. Of course, I had the luxury of being proven on the town, so it's a moot point. Oh btw, thanks for staying in touch, religion that converted me.

I'm guessing it's Bulb that converted you?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 06, 2009, 03:29:01 pm »

But, I dunno, it just seems like the town lost the will to live very quickly.  It might make sense for them to be a bit... stronger.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 06, 2009, 03:34:41 pm »

I forgot to drop out before I went on vacation.  :P

I'm a Moderator.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 06, 2009, 03:41:14 pm »

After reading the winning religion's text:  *KICK PAND* Why does every single person I speak to think I'm their enemy :P.

I mean good gosh, I was the one that lead the push to kill Warrior.  If I was a power role, why would I kill of my own Prophet?  Besides, you guys figured out that there was only two religions and the zealot died, so, at worse, recruiting me would've failed and, at best, would've lead to another member. 

Sidenote: Nice, I hit religious both times.  I wanted to target openly suspected religious to try to catch the zealot kill.  Targeted one sides' Evan and the other side's Prophet.  A pity the first night you guys went for the 'towny' kill and second night the enemy had no killers. 

Sidenote 2: I was afraid that claiming FBI would lead to someone getting paranoid at me killing their zealot.  Was I right or would I have been safer had I claimed at Day 1?

Fake Edit: OMG TWO mods!? 
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 06, 2009, 03:43:05 pm »

But, I dunno, it just seems like the town lost the will to live very quickly.  It might make sense for them to be a bit... stronger.

It might of helped if there was more of an incentive for them to hunt down the religions. As it stands now, hunting down a religion is a good way to make enemies. Personally, I think the "town" should be a lot smaller.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 06, 2009, 04:13:25 pm »

The second one might help with the town issue:  Most of the roles have anti-religion slants to them.  It's almost like Mafia vs Mafia vs SKs and Lyncher/Lynchees

In a 13 group: I could see, for example (after abusing Random.org). 

6 Religious (either 3 groups of 2 or 2 groups of 3)
1 Merc
2-3 Anti-religion Activists (equal to # religions)
1-2 Trolls
1 FBI

You now have a town with two who can be passive, one that's after the killing roles, and everyone else trying to wipe out SOMETHING. 

Another attempt:
6 religions
1 merc
1 Radical Athiest
2 Armchairs
2 FBIs
1 4chan

The 4chan is a wildcard that the religions MAY not want to grab.  There's 3 who's actively hunting religions and 2 that's free to join any religion.  Note that it leads to a very hostile town that the religious will have to dodge (since they don't really gain for killing the townies.  Imagine if Pand's group did kill the Armchair while Bulb's group grabbed the Mod: Bulb would be at a powerful advantage).

Either way, you'll have far fewer people sitting back and hoping to get recruited.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 07, 2009, 02:35:44 am »

I am the administrator, and did absolutely nothing during this game. It's a very different game with not much killing roles, and I'm not used to it.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 07, 2009, 10:33:23 am »

Spoiler: Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: night 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: night 2 (click to show/hide)

Jerusalem Jihad:
http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/Quhq7kpK9RqXL

Sons of The Hoy One:
http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/YEBtWHPniE4Qu

Dead Chat:
http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/8Xr5rt9GJsew
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 11:52:20 am by Kashyyk »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Religious Flame War Mafia - END GAME
« Reply #188 on: September 07, 2009, 03:38:09 pm »

I deleted Servant Corps night 1, I don't see it there.  Not that it's a big deal, just.

Good Game everyone, our Religion got very lucky with a flawless win.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 07, 2009, 03:55:36 pm »

You wake up early, wanting to hear how the conversion has been, but discover that your computer is flooded with malware! You know it will take you days to find the virus's and destroy them all, longer to return all your settings and personal information to normal.

You realise that you are out of this war of the religions, for good.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 08, 2009, 11:50:26 am »

Thanks for pointing that out.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]