Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 3: It all ends in silence.  (Read 41266 times)

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: It all ends in silence.
« Reply #390 on: October 15, 2009, 04:37:51 pm »

I'm just paranoid that the person I lynch will be town and the town will hunt me down.

Also, I've played laser tag. Hella fun.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 15, 2009, 05:02:54 pm »

PARANOID?

Dun dun dun.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 15, 2009, 07:18:14 pm »

One of the hard truths about mafia is that killing a townie is actually a null tell.  Depending on how you killed them (even if you were critical to their death) it may be even a town tell.

OTOH trying to kill someone for 'killing townies' is, as I've seen, a slight Scum tell.  Good townies realize that a town can easily kill a town.  Mafia, however, tend to think in terms of "let's get that person killed and blame it on this townie.

So long as your reasons for actually attacking someone are valid (even if they are wrong, if they make sense to you and you are honest about it) then a townie SHOULD see that and let you go.  If it's a good town, any bandwagon against you would be either spearheaded by or 'gently pushed' by the mafia. 

Now if it's a bad town that DOES kill you for 'killing that townie' then don't worry about it, because even if you lived you would just be killed by the mafia at the end of the game anyway (remember: if the mafia win, they technically Kill all of the surviving town).

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]