Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BUG/EXPLOIT roads  (Read 2644 times)

Oboro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
BUG/EXPLOIT roads
« on: August 20, 2006, 06:11:00 pm »

I had noticed that sometimes my road would get the pluses extending into the distance signifying its connection regardless of its completion, so I decided to test my theory.

I bridged the river, detailed all of the stone patches, and then queued the construction of the road. I suspended construction on all sections, and I didn't have the connection. I unsuspended the one section farthest to the left and, sure enough, a connection was made and when the caravan came, the wagons came with it.

So this is definitely a bit of an exploit, and something that should be remedied at some point.

Love the game! Good luck making it better like I know you will!  :)

Garthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BUG/EXPLOIT roads
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 06:50:00 pm »

I think because it fills in the road with dirt before the construction is completed.

Zereth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 06:57:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Garthor:
<STRONG>I think because it fills in the road with dirt before the construction is completed.</STRONG>

That would make sense, if the construction process actually involves building a dirt road and then finishing the stone road. I belive dirt roads will attract caravans, but have to be re-made every so often.

Oboro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 07:05:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Zereth:
<STRONG>
That would make sense, if the construction process actually involves building a dirt road and then finishing the stone road. I belive dirt roads will attract caravans, but have to be re-made every so often.</STRONG>
So this still needs to be fixed, since all I did was queue roads and then immediately suspend construction and I got a trade connection. Zero effort and a huge profit.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 05:07:00 pm »

Yeah, perhaps they should dirt the road only after the stone is brought, if that's not what's happening.  Then it would take at least one haul job's worth of time to clear the area.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!