Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ant Mod  (Read 5547 times)

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ant Mod
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2009, 05:14:39 pm »

Hmm, another idea is that you can leave stone in, just rename it as soil and have the soil layers renamed as humus. I.e. rename what is currently sand, clay and silt to Humus (Mor humus, Mull humus and Moder humus (Link)), Rename what is currently gabbro, granite marble, etc to the varying soil types. It may not quite be geologically correct, but it is the closest I think you will be able to get it.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2009, 05:53:43 pm »

Yeah, that's another option; you could probably make them look like soil without much problem.  I was thinking it would be better to not have them accumulate stone piles--but on the other hand why not?

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2009, 05:56:44 pm »

Since they're going to be fantasy-ants, I assume they'll use weapons, like the ones that were suggested in the original thread.

Is it possible to add to Bone [CAN_SHARP] (or whatever the sharpening tag is, I've gone and forgotten again)

That way you can sort of have the chitin armor and blades that were suggested.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Zombie0hour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2009, 06:44:32 pm »

Not sure if I am going for the fantasy ant's. I am more for realism and that is what drew me to Dwarf Fortress in the first place.
"I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." Albert Einstein

Elvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2009, 07:15:55 pm »

Not sure if I am going for the fantasy ant's. I am more for realism and that is what drew me to Dwarf Fortress in the first place.

I honestly don't quite know what to make of that...

And this mod looks brilliant, I might pick it up next time I have some free time on my hands.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2009, 09:09:07 am »

Oh, okay. Is there a way to change the jobs so that they no longer need equipment to dig?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Venatius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2009, 11:59:52 pm »

So, what of the HFS? Is that just going out entirely, or do we need to come up with something suitable?

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2009, 12:53:46 am »

Spidernest?
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2009, 01:57:07 am »

Dwarves.

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2009, 02:17:26 am »

Spidernest?

Probably the most suitable due to the torture factor.

I really like this mod idea
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2009, 11:02:47 am »

This mod sounds awesome, but this quote doesn't make any sense. The way it is now, some ants will have axe mandibles, some will have mining mandibles, some will have sword mandibles etc. I can accept that, but the fact that they can change their mandibles how they want, is just nonsense!
Going for very smart ants like the ones in the Unseen University in one of the Discworld novels is much more practical.
Also, dwarves, elves, goblins and FIREY DWARF-KILLING SPIRITS aren't very realistic.

Zombie0hour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2009, 10:57:21 pm »

Well guys sorry for not being around I have been busy. I can't say when I will get some work done for the mod, but it will come out eventually  :D
"I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." Albert Einstein

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2009, 11:35:15 pm »

Gotten any further?

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2009, 01:25:37 am »

I can tell you this.
He sure as hell hasn't.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads
Pages: 1 [2]