Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: Toon Mafia III - Day 4 - All Cheer For Humvees! - GAMEOVER  (Read 27590 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia III - Day 1 - Is That Dandruff?
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2009, 06:57:08 pm »

Unvote

I suppose that was good enough.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2009, 09:06:39 pm »

Gah, I get back from work and already I'm being voted for? I can feel the anger welling up inside me... No, wait, that's the caffeine. Nevermind, false alarm.

Mr.Person: Any reason for your vote?

RedWarrior0: Why the rapid retraction?
Vector: Why the accusation of lurking, after less than two hours of idleness? I suppose that we're not allowed to sleep while the mafia yet live?

For everyone's convenience:
Quote from: Players
Duke 2.0
SHAD0Wdump
RedWarrior0
Mr.Person
Rysith
Vector
Cheeetar
Pandarsenic
Xegeth
Archangel
overlordFT
webadict
Frelock

and finally, vote SHAD0Wdump: Why aren't you mafia this time?
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2009, 09:21:28 pm »

Random vote, you know the drill. Trying to get enough said that eventually we decide somebody is scum. Why are you so worked up over this?

Also, votes are in red
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2009, 09:31:24 pm »

Vector: Why the accusation of lurking, after less than two hours of idleness? I suppose that we're not allowed to sleep while the mafia yet live?

He bothered to post, but then did nothing with that post.  I figure that if you're around enough to say hi and defend yourself,  you should also be helping the town out a little.

The same goes for OverlordFT, by the way.  He slipped my mind previously.

So, I'll extend the question to him:

Why did you show up enough to say hi, but abstain from voting?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2009, 09:36:16 pm »

Hm, part of the problem here is that I'm misusing the word "lurker."

I accuse Xegeth and OverlordFT of being non-constructive.  Please forgive my abuse of terminology.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2009, 10:04:24 pm »

This one will vote for webadict because the machine gods do not permit "sleeping" when scumhunting should be going on.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2009, 10:16:43 pm »

Alright, actually, unvote.

I'm going to pull a gambit here.  I am a bomberman.  I can "kill" one person during the game.  If they are town, then they will revive the day after (ie, I kill on night 1, they're dead for day 2, and they come back day 3).  If they are scum, they don't come back.  This is a way to get a confirmed townie amongst us, who can then be used to find the scum.  If you have any doubts about me, you can lynch me the day the person is killed, thereby confirming that I am town, and by extension, the other person as well.

There is only one qualification for the prestigious honor of being the confirmed townie is that you must have a night action, and must use it on the night I "kill" you.  If you do not have a night action, the effect will not work, I will call you a liar, and you will be summarily lynched as such.

I will not reveal who will be killed, on the off chance that the mafia will target that person, thereby keeping them dead.  Therefore, IF YOU WANT TO BE CONFIRMED, PM ME, DON'T POST IT HERE.  Should I die, then the mafia have used their kill and you will know who I bombed.  Should I not die, I will reveal who I bombed on day 2.

So, does anyone see any glaring flaws in my plan, besides the possibility of a mafia roleblocker/redirector?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2009, 10:31:05 pm »

So, does anyone see any glaring flaws in my plan, besides the possibility of a mafia roleblocker/redirector?

Well, there are those two.

However, assume you are mafia. Potentially a one-shot kill role, but not necessarily.
a) get lots of townies to send you claims. Possibly valid ones, too
b) kill one of them. Probably the one who's role you want to deal with least. They are actually dead, but we won't know until D3, or possibly later if your kill doesn't make them flip.
c) If you get lynched after that D2, who cares? you hit a valuable townie with your shot, and having expended your night action can carefully sow chaos around so when/if you are lynched D2, you have a network of non-mafia people that the remaining townies will suspect. Thus, you've traded yourself for at least one valuable townie, and possibly several more, while getting your two friends at least a partial role-list.

We traded Diakron for less last game. I'm not saying you are lying, just putting forward a potential glaring flaw. I'd want more evidence before going with that gambit.

And Mr.Person, the vote-not-in-red was deliberate.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2009, 10:36:17 pm »

Actually, I have to agree with Rysith. If you were town, why didn't you just use the ability randomly? Either you hit scum (good), you hit a townie that gets revived in 3 days (good, at least for you), or you do nothing (good, since a person who none's is pretty much guaranteed to be town). No need to get people to claim to you, so FoS on Frelock for even asking everybody to claim to him.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2009, 11:30:10 pm »

What's up guys?

Also, Pandarsenic, must you vote for me every game? It gets old.

Also, Vector, you're going to die this time. I will make you burn this time. With burning goodness.

Also, fire.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2009, 11:41:11 pm »

Why are you trying to kill me this time?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2009, 11:53:14 pm »

Because you are the Mafia. It's quite clear in your first post.

Also, fire.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2009, 11:59:43 pm »

AAAARG! I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY AT THIS TIME! VOTE CHEEETAR!
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2009, 12:05:17 am »

Sorry peeps for missing out on the start. Just woke up.(my sleeping hours are weird)

I am not mafia since I'm eating this delicious ham.

Vote OverlordFT.You sick little telemarketing bum you voted me to my grave last game!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2009, 12:07:52 am »

Because you are the Mafia. It's quite clear in your first post.

Also, fire.

... You're still random-voting, huh.  Please don't ignite too many innocents on your mad quest for vengeance.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20