Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: SHAD0Wdump's BSF and GMOD Dump  (Read 22681 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: SHAD0Wdump's BSF Dump
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2009, 01:17:51 pm »

Got a new Fleet in mind,currently called 'the golden fleet',obviously a better name is in order. So I'm willing to take suggestions.

When the fleet is complete,I'll add a link to this post in the first and update this one with all the ships. For now... A teaser.

Fusilade:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The ship that started this style,has one low powered 'flashgun'(a rapid fire laser,this one has a full 360 degree arc range),6 HVRs(which are actually normal missile launchers because the actual HVR has issues with having 0 arc range),and one particle gun.

Aurora (new)
This is the new fleet revised edition of the very first ship I ever made in BSF.
Has 2 Flashguns,1 photon torpedo rip-off,3 particle guns,a nanomatrix,and a PCDS.(a weapon by Noctis I think? it's like a laser with pulsar balls running through it.)

No releases yet,I need to make the rest of the fleet and I need that name!

EDIT: in case you were wondering... This is the old Aurora:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 01:20:33 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2009, 01:52:26 pm »

Gnarly.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2009, 02:05:48 pm »

The 'Gnarly' fleet...

Hmm...

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2009, 03:13:29 pm »

What's the stats for the two new ships?

You should make one sort of like the Aurora, but a little different, too. Shorter, without the twig connection piece. With the two front section parts spread out more, and a little more forward from the front of the ship. Basically, I'm thinking something like a Y-Wing modified to be a capital ship with the split facing forward. But in the theme of the other two ships.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2009, 03:40:00 pm »

What's the stats for the two new ships?
Likely in serious need of tweeking.

But right now they are very stock-ish,as for HP,the fusillade has 450 and the Aurora 900,these are so high because A:they are in the mini-fleet balance,and B:they have a abnormally low section count for such ships.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2010, 11:28:36 am »

I'm back with some new goodies, most of the stuff I had here has been re-uploaded and a couple new things have been added. Stock Fusion and the Starseige:Tribes sprite pack. Enjoy!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2010, 12:01:56 pm »

Oh man. I gotta get back to building my airship Excalibur. I made the sketch many years ago, but I love the concepts behind it. Despite it's size, it's highly maneuverable (able to drift like a rally car in the air) and pretty damn fast, carries a tera-watt laser (or equally powerful/cool name for an energy beam weapon). a series of homing lasers that are an alt-fire of the main weapon (the little buds on the sides), carries a mini-fleet of defensive ships, carries both energy and kinetic/bullet weapons as secondary defense. Holds a decent crew complement, and has a dual-bridge system in case one gets rendered incapacitated. Not that it happens alot. But best to be prepared. It also has a "Hell-jumper" system for quick infantry deployment.

This thing is a flying Swiss-army knife. Actually, the entire Paladin-class are supposed to be like this. This is just the all-around multi-role version.

Spoiler: This sucker (click to show/hide)

All done with the Vanilla spritesheet. I'm still unfamiliar with the strengths of the weapons and such. So far, even if I equipped the energy beams, the auto cannons seem to be the most powerful weapon on board, and this ship also seems to be made of glass. What are some good numbers to use to round this thing off? As in, what's the standard HP/armor levels people toss onto their battleships?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 12:29:39 pm by Itnetlolor »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2010, 12:42:35 pm »

What are some good numbers to use to round this thing off? As in, what's the standard HP/armor levels people toss onto their battleships?
Balance is often up to the creator. But I like to go with 0-100 HP for fighters/corvettes, 150-350 for Frigates, 400-550 for destroyers, 600-800 for cruisers, 850-950 for dreadnaughts, 1000-1450 for Battleships, 1500+ for motherships/supercapitals.

Weapons require alot of testing around to get a good feel. Stock often works just fine but juicing them up by a factor of 3 or so often makes them suitable for capital guns.
 When you start messing with cipsize,burst,reload,firerate, that sort of thing, it really requires a judgement call. And if you get into linking you open yourself up to a whole 'nother dimension of explody goodness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2010, 01:04:34 pm »

huh. Its been literally a year or so since I've touched BSF because I got burnt out on it. Oh well, repost old stuff for no reason.
Big honking space station and related ship(s)

Attempts at steam punk

Animated ones

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2010, 01:08:19 pm »

That first set is incredible. 

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2010, 01:33:18 pm »

Those animated SWS ones are really cool.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2010, 01:49:32 pm »

What are some good numbers to use to round this thing off? As in, what's the standard HP/armor levels people toss onto their battleships?
Balance is often up to the creator. But I like to go with 0-100 HP for fighters/corvettes, 150-350 for Frigates, 400-550 for destroyers, 600-800 for cruisers, 850-950 for dreadnaughts, 1000-1450 for Battleships, 1500+ for motherships/supercapitals.

Weapons require alot of testing around to get a good feel. Stock often works just fine but juicing them up by a factor of 3 or so often makes them suitable for capital guns.
 When you start messing with cipsize,burst,reload,firerate, that sort of thing, it really requires a judgement call. And if you get into linking you open yourself up to a whole 'nother dimension of explody goodness.
Is this a collective sum of HP? or is it based on individual parts? That's what I mean. Like, how would I know what would be a good HP to put for certain parts of the fuselage, in case I want to make an Achilles's Heel on a ship if I'm up to it (not that this has one)?

And those are all some pretty badass designs.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 01:52:09 pm by Itnetlolor »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2010, 01:57:07 pm »

That's base HP.
 Definitely up to you what you want for stuff like armor or exposed vital sections. I can't say for sure because I rarely use such things.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2010, 02:43:22 pm »

Yeah dude, your ship will do one thing, and one thing only: Explode into tiny sections.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2010, 03:57:04 pm »

These ships are awesome. Great job, SHAD0W.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7