Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: SHAD0Wdump's BSF and GMOD Dump  (Read 22595 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: SHAD0Wdump's BSF Dump
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2010, 08:28:35 pm »

...boo! Did they update the game?

Either way, I'm still open for sprite requests. Did I link them in this thread or just the old LP?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2010, 10:30:13 pm »

Wait, what's this about updating?

Oooh, sprite requests! I wanted to make ships that looked like pods on scaffolding. I got started but wasn't really satisfied with the results...
Hmmm, found them, I ended up with a clumsy anchor and slot system, but found myself wanting something a bit more dynamic and elegant, it should be possible to get a similar effect with 4 or 5 sprites that can connect at odd angles and not break the feel of the thing...

But yes, in many respects I like the look of what I have, but it is just too clumsy...
Also the individual sections should probably be smaller, I ended up with this monstrosity...

That beam to the forward sections is crazy vulnerable if the enemy decide to, say, drive through the front of the ship and attack the innards directly. So finding some way to shrink it down without losing the overall effect would be great...

But hey, if you come up with anything involving beams and pods that would be great!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2010, 07:25:48 pm »

You can get rid of those odd boxes by disabling glow.

Glow is in settings/colors. just click around in there and you will find it.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2010, 09:43:57 pm »

Thanks for the tip, but I already knew about it, just too lazy to find it while I thought the picture worked to illustrate the design I made.

Basically, I am making a sprite request of Sensei, and that is a picture of the basic design that I like but seems too awkward...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2010, 10:10:39 pm »

One thing that would help prevent enemy ships from getting all up in your grill would be to go in the shipmaker and set the AI range to a higher number(AI range is in pixels). You can find that setting in the stats box in shipmaker.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2010, 06:53:30 pm »

Sorry for the threadjack and semi-necro, but I wanted to show a few ships I made, mostly still a work in progress.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You can find some (kinda outdated) battle pics here.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2010, 06:56:57 pm »

Totally fine, I like seeing people talk about this game. And I definitely like seeing ships.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2010, 07:03:25 pm »

Question: Are your ships overpowered if every one is equally overpowered?

Anyway, there are a few others I have, but I'm still working out enough bugs to find them acceptable for posting.
2 more ships for each faction and a drone for the Marauders and Aliens.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2010, 07:07:10 pm »

Again, balance is what you make it to be, it is entirely up to you if you want your ships to match up equally or not with other people's creations.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2010, 07:12:30 pm »

Let's just say that the Reaver 2.0 is capable of taking out your Titan.
Alone.
The original Reaver can get close, but the lack of a shield means that the Reaver Cannon gets destroyed pretty quick in a frontal assault.
They're definitely made for flanking the enemy.
Haven't played around much with the Tractus Telum.
It's a bit big for my tastes.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2010, 07:30:38 pm »

Haven't played around much with the Tractus Telum.
It's a bit big for my tastes.
Your just afraid of the sabot cannon. 0P

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2010, 07:34:40 pm »

Hum, how'd I miss this?
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2010, 07:41:52 pm »

I was actually thinking of arming the Marauder's drone launcher with Sabot Cannons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2010, 07:55:33 pm »

Are there bioship sections yet? I started on some but got bored.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2010, 07:56:40 pm »

I heard you like to see people talk about this game? You wouldn't mind to see one of my ships or so?

Fiddling with the DSTech sprite pack and Horsemonster's Detailed Weapon Pack. The runway and the solar panels are mine, using the same colors from the pack.

This is the June Aircraft carrier. It can take on an alien dreadnought and sometimes win, due to the kind of ships I make. Namely high armor, and high damage.

Alone. By itself.

Taking heavy damage. Also showing the flak barrage. (Damage 3. Fire rate 1. Clip size 50. Reload 90.) The main guns are (Damage 50. Fire rate 10. Clip size 3. Reload 90).

The June lost this round horribly, the dreadnought did not even lose one section. The fighters are not created though, so the outcome would likely have been completely different if it had fighters.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7