Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: SHAD0Wdump's BSF and GMOD Dump  (Read 22586 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: SHAD0Wdump's BSF Dump
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2010, 08:18:38 pm »

Okay, the Tractus is much easier to take down if you use one of your ships, rather than an ally ship.
That way, you can aim for the weak spots and completely take out the main cannon.
And ignore those annoying fighters.
It took barely any damage with 4 consecutive Reaver 2s, controlled by ally AI, then was annihilated by one when I told it where to shoot.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2010, 08:44:09 pm »

Didn't see this thread before, but...

All of them use stock sections(resized often, of course) and weapons. The only things modified were ship hitpoints and speeds(and weapon attack zones).
As far as balance goes, there isn't much. I tried to accurately reflect the abilities of their GF namesakes. Left out Leviathan(it's taken by the game) and Doomtrain(didn't feel like it). Of course, there's also no Odin, Gilgamesh, Angelo, Chicobo, Phoenix, or Griever, either.

@piecewise, 12 days ago: Well that's gonna impact fps.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2010, 08:49:21 pm »

A bit of criticism: some of them are a bit too skinny, if you know what I mean, add more sections to destroy! It makes it more fun. And adds more shape to your ships. Trust me, your ships will look a lot better.

Your ships also have quite a large amount of weapons, have you considered removing some of them and making the others more powerful?

Other than that though. Not bad.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2010, 09:01:22 pm »

You also might want to make use of the 'mirror' function, I've noticed some mis-alignments.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2010, 09:12:06 pm »

The only real way to balance the ships is to run them through AI sessions with the stock ships that everyone has. If you put one on ally mode, and a couple dozen of the stock battleships in as enemies, then turn on the AI and your ship doesn't lose any sections, then chances are it is not built for balance...

None of those ships seem to me to have too many guns individually, although in numbers they could get a little crazy. But large numbers of weapons have a different feel to single powerful weapons. You are less likely to destroy a section but more likely to hit anything at all.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2010, 09:32:36 pm »

I often go for a shotgun effect.
Rather than having lots of small weapons or one large weapon, you have a couple of multiple-projectile weapons.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2010, 09:53:57 pm »

That reminds me of these...

I was wondering if we could do some more research, I had a couple of ideas...

Any thoughts?
I may have tweaked them a little for that game, but they can be quite a bit of fun for raining fire down on a battlefield.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2010, 11:37:20 pm »

Back in the Ye olde days (like 2 years ago) I created some MSpaint guides to how to build good ships, specifically to help the Newbies. I'll post em here just because some people might find them useful

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2010, 11:42:32 pm »

The Smileguys are slowly spreading...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2010, 11:47:58 pm »

Nice job piecewise.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2010, 12:12:00 am »

where the fuck does the screenshot go off to...I cant find where it puts them...

I made the Lexx and some other fun things...
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2010, 12:14:11 am »

[BSF folder]\SMScreenshots

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2010, 12:26:42 am »

ok the Lexx, the most powerful destructive force in the two known universes...in BSF

It is quite fun until the tail breaks and you lose almost all ability to move...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2010, 12:30:24 am »

The tail looks like a weapon in itself. :P

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2010, 12:32:33 am »

the lexx's tail only contains the main thrusters...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7