Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: SHAD0Wdump's BSF and GMOD Dump  (Read 22590 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
SHAD0Wdump's BSF and GMOD Dump
« on: August 23, 2009, 10:03:59 am »

Hello ladies and gents... Mainly I'm here to offer my labors in the shipmaker for the Battleships Forever junkies of Bay12.
 I'm also going to offer GMOD projects, I'll allude to them in the GMOD section below.

For those of you who don't know about BSF,refer to this thread...
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=37466.0

Re-uploaded to mediafire!

Stock Fusion:
A collection of ships which are combinations of stock ships. Every section, weapon, and doodad are positioned and edited to pixel perfection.(or at least I tried, I think I did a good job)
Spoiler: the ships (click to show/hide)
-Zeldon: A combination of Zealot and Aedon. Not a whole lot going on here, but it is amusing to see it turn too fast for its railguns.
-Sinyo: An Enyo with a Sinope welded to the front. It is very fast, has a nasty bite, teleports, and has a sleek design. Has a alternate version because I liked the hull so much.
-Morstia X: A Moria X with a chopped up Hestia. Lots of doodads on this one.
-Chrono-Peitho: The first stock fusion ship I came up with that inspired me to work on the others. I always liked using a Cronus with a Peitho up front to soak up all the damage. So I imagined what would happen if they were one ship. Yes the name is not very creative, but I had a hell of a time trying to figure up one. No doodads but sadly there are none on the cronus and I didn't use any of the sections that had them from the peitho.
-Athmolius: An Athena with bits from a Tmolus and a Helios. Lots of point defense, in fact so much I decided to make the aegis deflectors a bit more easy to destroy.
-Hephaestus: Now we get to the point where there are too many ships involved to make fancy names. The Hephaestus consists of a EOS(with added weasle guns and a repeating artillery replacing one of the plasmas), a Hestia Alpha for the nose, a Moria for the rear, and a pair of Aedons used for turrets!
-Ares: How fitting I thought that the biggest ship should use the greek god of war for its namesake. This massive ship uses a strange triple Hestia collaboration for it's center mass, an Arcas for the rear, a chopped in half Hecate for its wings, and a entire Athmolius for the nose. It also sports a nuke cannon and a pair of modded Twin plasma ball turrets that pack a incredible punch. It also has a load of doodads.

Get it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mzhmgwvlqyy

Tractus Telum.
Spoiler: pics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: description (click to show/hide)

Also featured in the pack...
Titan Assault Cruiser
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A steampunk bruiser,this ship may be outclassed by the Tractus Telum,but it still can drop many foes before going down itself.

Get the tractus pack here!
http://www.mediafire.com/?n1vjjnmnqou

Extra stuff:
http://www.mediafire.com/?oymkmn35jz5
My old outdated and incomplete fleet,big ships here with enormous power,greater than anything you'll see up above most likely.

http://www.filefront.com/14263033/BSF-weapon-tests.zip/
Pew Pew. Random weapon tests,basically guns I wanted to try out.(can't seem to find the zip, might make a new updated one)

http://www.mediafire.com/?2rjdyvn1laj
My incomplete minifleet,these ships are quite small and use no custom sprites,so it should be extremely simple to extract and play!

http://www.mediafire.com/?ce29wx3gyc3zw79
A proof of concept ship for custom quad-weapons. Basically larger scale versions of the quad blaster using other weapons and triggers. This ship uses two quad-shockbeamers.

Sprites:
http://www.mediafire.com/?25lnu6po7qn2o55
Starsiege:tribes sprites, good for weapon shots, doodads, and glows. Make sure to use additive blending.

Spoiler: GMOD (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 09:13:04 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: SHAD0Wdump's BSF Dump
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 10:11:11 am »

I give you my word as Co-Weapon Developer at "We-Dump-Bombs-At-U-4-Us Inc." that this pack will extrapolate your BSF experience. If it doesn't kill the first time, your not using enough of it.

WorkerDrone, Mad Scientist, Co-Head of the R&D Department of Weapons and Robotics.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 10:27:23 am »

Those look enormous.  And really pretty.  I offer my (much worse) services.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 02:19:42 pm »

I have some stuff in the works, but it's being saved for the LP thread. Probably not as good as this stuff though.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 09:29:38 pm »

Are there any price-listings anywhere to give you some idea of what an equivalent item is? Are permanent deflectors valued more than variable deflectors? How many should I give myself if I am trading in a beamer? Which is more powerful out of an african swallow and a european swallow?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 09:45:44 pm »

Are there any price-listings anywhere to give you some idea of what an equivalent item is? Are permanent deflectors valued more than variable deflectors? How many should I give myself if I am trading in a beamer? Which is more powerful out of an african swallow and a european swallow?
Uh... Balance is what you make it,if you want to use a ton of deflectors,go right ahead,I'm not stopping you. Visually though I find deflectors in excessive amounts can look ugly unless you know what your doing. The ships you see above use no deflectors.(Except those in the galactic fleet in the extras section)

As for price listings,I do believe Arcalane from Wyrdysm made a list using points,can't remember where it was though.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 05:05:11 am »

Woot! Thanks!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 05:30:06 pm »

Which is more powerful out of an african swallow and a european swallow?
African. They can carry coconuts, but not a European swallow

Those... Those ships... They...

RedWarrior0, Forumgoer, has died from awe

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 12:49:45 pm »

Added my minifleet to the 'extra stuff' section,it's not as complete as I wanted it to be but it should do. Enjoy!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 03:11:05 pm »

I heard you liek sprites? I drew these, mostly for my RPLP thread.

Landing Pad (from Ed's Space Diner)

Diakron's bow

A shipping container

SHADOWdump's Flamethrower

Diakron's Sniper
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 01:00:29 am »

Ooh,nice,what folder should I drop these in?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 01:16:56 am »

Custom sprites? That's where I put 'em. Then just drag and drop, or select for weapons, as necessary.

Oh, bewarned- for sections, disable shimmer. It doesn't break anything, but the shimmer isn't the shape of the object for some reason. Maybe it's connected with me scaling the objects after they're in. But it doesn't bother me, I've always had a strong artistic notion that space ships have no cause to shimmer anyway.

Oh, and if anyone has requests, shoot. These normally don't take me long, but they only seem to strike like fey moods unless someone suggests something that clicks.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 02:04:39 am »

Custom sprites? That's where I put 'em. Then just drag and drop, or select for weapons, as necessary.
I hear that just dumping them in the Custom Ship's root directory can cause problems once you reach enough sections(300 or so? Or that was the amount that one guy had I think). I do suggest you start packing them into a specific folder.

As for now I'll shove them into the root directory.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 02:35:46 am »

Oh, and if anyone has requests, shoot. These normally don't take me long, but they only seem to strike like fey moods unless someone suggests something that clicks.
Well, as I type this I don't have any requests, but if you are looking to do something different you could try to make a tallship set, with shipshaped bodies and masts and cannons, and even flaming ballista and catapaults...

I guess I could kind of use a rounded armour plate, I have a ship with guns on one side and a large shield on the other, it bombards most of the time but if we need cover it can turn on its side and block, there don't really seem to be any nice single symmetrical shield pieces in the basic set.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 02:36:34 am »

There's supposed to be some syntax for naming the files too, but I didn't bother because Imageshack changes your filenames for fun anyway...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7