Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Ferosod, "Beastbones". Dwarves of War (Succession, begun)  (Read 4965 times)

IHateOutside

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire safety is for wimps.
    • View Profile
Re: Ferosod, "Beastbones". Dwarves of War (Succession, begun)
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2009, 08:25:12 am »

Thats handy. Just make sure to stay away from the aquifier of doooooooom.

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2009, 08:29:52 am »

I should actually get started with the succession sometime tonight. Sorry for the delays. Spent the past 2 days doing the entire summer's assignments.

TatersAndTots

• Bay Watcher
  • Doo dee doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2009, 09:25:43 am »

I feel your pain, ive been doin the same thing. I go in on the 9th.

You say dooooooooom, i say infinite water sooooooooouce for fun
Aren't Rhesus Macaques actually whales?
They're actually a special ore. Instead of being mined, they're hunted from between the trees and instead of producing metal, they produce food: rhesus pieces.

IHateOutside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2009, 09:30:00 am »

isn't that the same thing?

TatersAndTots

• Bay Watcher
  • Doo dee doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2009, 09:44:58 am »

pssh, no! Who would have told you those truths lies?

Is there magma? If there is, ill take the sand and make giant pretty sealed glass bridges connecting all the orc fortresses
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 09:47:21 am by TatersAndTots »
They're actually a special ore. Instead of being mined, they're hunted from between the trees and instead of producing metal, they produce food: rhesus pieces.

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2009, 06:00:20 pm »

No. Orcs don't build fortresses on volcano/magma tiles, I think.

I should've tried to mod them to do so. Damn.

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2009, 06:21:14 pm »

Let's do this! Will edit as I update.

The Journal of "Blah" Lancerauthors

Year 302.

1st Granite, early Spring.

The battle has finally ended. We've taken control of the Orcish fortress! From this position, we can return the Dwarven Empire to its former glory!

There's not a moment to be wasted, as the armies of The Tall Order will come knocking at our doors soon. The commander died during the last battle, so we are left without a leader. I've volunteered to serve as the treasurer, but we'll need an elected leader soon.

(This was one of the bugs I mentioned from the earlier versions of the mod. I thought it made a nice addition though)

We've taken the largest tower to use as the main structure. Luckily, the structural integrity is weak and we're able to dig right through it.

We can use the existing structures as temporary storerooms, but we'd need to dig into the soil to farm. Luckily, the ground is brittle from poor craftsorcship. We'll have no problem reaching earth.

2nd Granite,
I've set up the existing rooms in the orcish fortress as temporary stockpiles to make sure everyone has something to do. I'd rather have everyone inside as soon as possible.

Also, there are a lot of orcish corpses leftover. I might collect the useful armor and clothing they might have on. But first, we make sure we have a defensible fort.

3rd Granite,
Organized the plans for the farming areas today, also designated trees to be cut. The area doesn't have too much trees, but we would easily have enough beds.

16th Granite,
Time is really flying. We've settled in a bit more, a few beds have been made and we're preparing the first of our weapons - ten obsidian shortswords.

17th Granite
Today, MastaODisasta has been chosen as the new expedition leader. I can’t say I like the name. I’m a bit superstitious though. At least we have someone to represent us.
We’re currently searching for veins of iron. I want our warriors to be fully proficient with their armor by next year. Speaking of warriors, we’ve got to start training them.  Methane Dioxide and Samus are the only ones here with weapons training right now. I’m not sure if we actually have a hammer lying around for him to use, though. I’ll need to update our stockpiles and make the decision to draft them soon.

21st Granite
Good news! We’ve found a source of iron today! I noticed that the orcish temple, curse their primitive gods, is partially built inside a magnetite cluster! We’re digging our way there now.

23rd Granite
Methane Dioxide and Samus are now fully employed by the military. They'll start with the basics and wrestle. They can receive weapon training by the time we forge some armor for them.

24th Granite
More good news! We've struck limonite! We'll use this vein first, before going to the magnetite. We're going to need to find some flux stone and fuel source soon. Maybe there's a lignite vein somewhere.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 07:32:57 pm by blah28722 »

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2009, 07:37:09 pm »

Okay, I made an epic fail and apparently embarked on a site without flux. Which means no steel when trying to fight the entire world.

There's a few options here, so you guys let me know:

1) Go on without it, we'll do this with iron, bronze, and traded flux.

2) I can use a utility to transmute one of the layers into a flux stone.

Let me know what you guys think.

Samus1111111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2009, 09:49:52 pm »

either or...

I would start out trying to work without it, but if it is too hard, then mod the stone in

Magua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2009, 10:15:52 pm »

I only have experience with one fortress with orcs, but in that one, they came decked out in steel armor and weapons -- melting that down and reforging it meant I never wanted for steel.

If that's the case, I don't think a lack of flux is anything to worry about at all...assuming we can find enough charcoal to power the smelting.
Also, you can manufacture vomit at a smelter.  Subsequently removing the smelter spews vomit over a surprising area.

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2009, 10:16:24 pm »

Orcs wear iron.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2009, 03:21:38 am »

I think we should just try to go on without it.

TatersAndTots

• Bay Watcher
  • Doo dee doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2009, 09:49:26 am »

I say go on without it. If the orcs come with iron armor and the dwarf traders cant get flux, then use your haxz0rs power and get some flux. Make it marble, Methane likes marble.

otherwise we will make due. Btw, the wiki says that steel is only 33% stronger than iron.We could survive with iron.

IHateOutside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2009, 09:50:56 am »

We'll be fine with iron. Also don't orcs only wear a small amount of iron? And human siege and gobbo siege means we will have no end of iron.

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2009, 10:17:41 pm »

It seems that we're all fine without steel. Cool.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6