Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: What music do you think fits DF?  (Read 25025 times)

Tenebrais

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What music do you think fits DF?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 12:59:53 pm »

Grieg! In The Hall Of The Mountain King! Most dwarven piece ever.

For that matter, any 19th-century Romantic music fits DF in some situation or other.

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 01:23:54 pm »

For that matter, any 19th-century Romantic music fits DF in some situation or other.

Someone earlier mentioned using chained kittens to allow the dwarven military to drop on their enemies from above and go into action.  That sounds like a situation for "Ride of the Valkyries", especially if they're female dwarves.  ;D

As for me, when I'm not just listening to the usual guitar music, it depends on what's happening.  For peaceful times, "Music of the Troubadors" or "Music from the Time of the Templars" (both nice and medieval).  If there's fighting going on, something by Wagner (because the Ring Cycle dwarves are very, very dwarfy).
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

joeyjo0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 03:21:26 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wokDxDt504g

Siege music, hur hur.

Or music after you opened up HFS.

Domini0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 09:30:01 pm »

radiohead IN RAINBOWS simply because thats the first thing I ever listened to when playing DF. I still cant here Nude without thinking of DF.

Chalk

• Bay Watcher
  • oh dear
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2009, 02:58:50 am »

I tend to listen to a lot of Primus when my fort is just running along at a steady pace. The banjos seem right somehow.

For battles, I like Blind Guardian. For BIG battles, the LotR music is dragged out.

Tantrum spirals... hm. I could go for some Touchers, then.

And if it's getting boring, and Fun is a long time coming, well... MC Frontalot or the like occupies my ears far better than most.

gamegreen33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 11:51:28 am »

Dwarfed Punk, of course!

EDIT: Or Rivendell, by Rush. Because Rush is great. And if you say otherwise, so help me God, I will CUT you.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 11:53:34 am by gamegreen33 »
Quote from: dogstile
We all know what those elfs are like. they're a couple of guys who are up to no good, making trouble in our neighbourhood. Now you guys got my mum all scared and now i'm moving with my auntie and uncle in bel air!
imagine fighting someone on the street. You guys are going at it...all of the sudden, he hits you in the face with the tips of 5 fingers. What the fuck is he doing? You're confused, he school boys you, you're going to be lost. Match won.

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 09:59:42 pm »

I listen to a lot of different techno/remix stuff. Try playing Dwarf Fortress to the "Supremacy 64" theme.

It kicks goblins.
Also, Bloody Tears.
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 10:07:19 pm »

Nordic folk music seems to fit it nicely, but i sorta like toady's placeholder, its really hipnotic, it just goes on... And on...
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 10:46:39 pm »

I listen to the default music.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2009, 05:01:10 pm »

Mostly I listen to Toady's splendid music while playing DF.
Apart from that, Grieg's  'Züg der Zwerge' (March of the dwarves) and most Rammstein songs really fill in the atmosphere for me.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

tefalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Priest of Syrinx
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2009, 05:54:50 pm »

Anything goes with DF! As for me, i'm a Rush fanatic so that's what i play most often.

Dwaref

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2009, 09:25:50 pm »

So what music do you think works well with playing DF?
DRAGONFORCE!
He is somewhat reserved. He prefers to be alone. He doesn't need thrills or risks in life. He is never optimistic or enthusiastic about anything. He has a fertile imagination. He is open-minded to new ideas. He is put off by authority and tradition. He is very straightforward with others. He is very disorganized. He thinks it is incredibly important to strive for excellence. He has very little self-discipline. He takes time when making decisions. He doesn't really care about anything anymore.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2009, 09:32:45 pm »

So what music do you think works well with playing DF?
DRAGONFORCE!

I can think of maybe one song of Dragonforce appropriate to DF, the rest are too "OH GOD I'M SOLOING SO FAST".

Or in the case of "Trail of Broken Hearts" or "Star Fire", "OH GOD MY BALLAD IS SO EMOTIONAL".
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Dwaref

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2009, 09:43:49 pm »

your loss.
He is somewhat reserved. He prefers to be alone. He doesn't need thrills or risks in life. He is never optimistic or enthusiastic about anything. He has a fertile imagination. He is open-minded to new ideas. He is put off by authority and tradition. He is very straightforward with others. He is very disorganized. He thinks it is incredibly important to strive for excellence. He has very little self-discipline. He takes time when making decisions. He doesn't really care about anything anymore.

Postius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2009, 09:52:11 pm »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16