Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: First Day!  (Read 5926 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
First Day!
« on: August 24, 2009, 04:28:04 pm »

First day of middle school! Our school district has it so you go to middle school in 7th grade, have 6th grade in elementary. Anyway, contacts weren't much of a problem considering i havn't worn them all summer, made by eyes a bit tired but eh, no prob. Had 2 problems with finding my classes but thats about it! Quite a bit of papers and a 'homework' thing for me to fill out, but not too much. It's off to a great start!

EDIT:The school was once a freshman center, now it's a middle school. our school district has enough money so we EACH get a laptop for personal use, though of course we give it back when we leave.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 04:29:37 pm by x2yzh9 »

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: First Day!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 04:59:48 pm »

We're getting latops next term. We get to keep them.

GO AUSTRALIA

Also, went to high school in year 7, now in year 9.

And I'm going to school now.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 05:04:46 pm »

You live in Australia Jonathan?!

How come you never told me! How come you never told us!

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 05:06:03 pm »

I started junior year today.  Our school doesn't have enough money to properly fund the band, but apparently they have the funds to install a microphone and speaker system in every classroom.  Go figure.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 05:06:41 pm »

Woooooo good luck x2yzh9!

... I barely remember what middle school was like for me.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 05:09:48 pm »

It was a time when my life began to not suck. Elementary school sucked.

And while my school did have occasional laptop use, it was more for the physics classes and not an all-round thing to use in every class. Ah, memories of the keyboard nipple.

And things are not terribly different between elementary, middle and highschools. Get used to not having recess, but other than that things don't change much.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jualin

• Bay Watcher
  • What's that sound?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 05:16:21 pm »

I'm jealous of you, x2yzh9 and Emperor_Jonathan. Not because you get laptops, oh no. I'm jealous because my school has a law that forbids laptops that they've finally decided to enforce it this year.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 05:20:53 pm »

I'm jealous of you, x2yzh9 and Emperor_Jonathan. Not because you get laptops, oh no. I'm jealous because my school has a law that forbids laptops that they've finally decided to enforce it this year.

Why?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 05:25:58 pm »

My elementary school went all the way to 8th grade.  Never went to middle school.

As of tuesday last week, I am on my senior year of high school.  We don't get laptops, despite me having an engineering class (it's only intro, but still).
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 05:30:16 pm »

I am on my senior year of high school.

Same, but mine starts in two weeks.
And is five houses down.

And the first day is a BBQ.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 05:33:41 pm »

I loved senior year, except for all the facestabbings going on around. It was a good year.

I'm in college now, but I can safely say that high school was the most idyllic time of my life.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 05:36:44 pm »

How do "facestabbings" and "Idyllic" go into the same thought?

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 05:38:31 pm »

I started junior year today.  Our school doesn't have enough money to properly fund the band, but apparently they have the funds to install a microphone and speaker system in every classroom.  Go figure.

Our school district can't afford to keep a quarter of our teachers. It can't afford paying teachers for the full nine hours, so it's cutting it down to eight (actually, it went from seven to six. Our teachers are already underpaid). It also can't afford to fund any of our clubs or afterschool programs. We can't even afford paper for the teachers to use with the photocopier.

Yet, our school got a new science wing, there are two schools are building Olympic sized swimming pools (our swim teams aren't anything special), we're shelling out tons of money for old, outdated dell computers ($1000 for a very low end dual core, or P4 if we're unlucky. 1GB RAM),  and all incoming freshmen (Some 1500+, at least) are getting laptops.

I smell shenanigans!

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 05:40:27 pm »

How do "facestabbings" and "Idyllic" go into the same thought?

I wasn't getting facestabbed. :D

Also I stayed away from most of the violent boys so no one bothered me much. It's so much better when there's less testosterone in the air.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 05:44:35 pm »

I loved senior year, except for all the facestabbings going on around. It was a good year.

By facestabbing, do you mean actual stabs to the face?

Because that sounds like my old school.
At least one or two kids died every year there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8