Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding Requests  (Read 720 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Modding Requests
« on: August 24, 2009, 05:15:15 pm »

If anyone wants me to do a mod, I will gladly do it, I can only take 3 mods at a time, and right now because of the movie "The Godfather" im doing a mafia mod, so only 2 requests this time.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 09:57:55 pm by Phantom »

UristMcGunsmith

• Bay Watcher
  • "Shhh! My common sense is tingling!"
    • View Profile
Re: Moding Requests
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 06:01:42 pm »

Blunderbuss mod  ;D

If not possible then how about a mod that allows you to play as goblins (There is probably already a mod for this, but I haven't seen it.)

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moding Requests
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 06:04:48 pm »

Blunderbuss mod  ;D

If not possible then how about a mod that allows you to play as goblins (There is probably already a mod for this, but I haven't seen it.)

You should be able to make ANY civ playable by adding the tag [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] to it's raw entry.  It's advisable to remove the tag from the dwarves and any other civ when you do this.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Modding Requests
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 09:40:01 pm »

There are several mods for playing other races, like the Legendary Lands mod, or Kobold Camp.

madrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 10:29:24 pm »

There's already a goblin fortress mod that adds tameable beak dogs, people, and a special plant just for brewing.  Presumably that mod would fix any inadequacies goblins might have when trying to play them in fortress mode.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 04:36:05 pm »

Skeleton creature and its own body parts. I suck at body parts so this is why I'm posting.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

neek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 04:55:16 pm »

I had a few ideas, but I never got around to them.

1). Tobacco. Tobacco (Human smoking weed) is a rare aboveground plant. It is not edible, cookable, or brewable. Of course, one could wager the Dwarves smoke it, but there's no way to get them to carry pipes with tobacco pouches. So, tobacco can be processed into bags as a). trade good, b). "edible" chaw (Nicotine is an appetite suppressant; it can therefore be reasoned that it's replacing a meal. Lucky for us we won't have spit covered dwarves.) [Prestring:fragrant aroma]
2). Marijuana can be cooked or brewed into "green tea". This'd give the dwarves some happy thoughts. [Prefstring:makes food taste better].

Sadly, there's no [addictive] quality to a chemical, else I'd throw in opium. Have your fort go down in a tantrum spiral because you ran out of
heroin tonics! Or all your cocaine powder bags were snorted up by a champion. Man, the Fun that we could have...

Anyhow, just a thought to proceed with. Queue drug jokes... now.

madrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 08:46:01 pm »

Smoking is actually a pretty good idea.  I wonder if there's been a suggestion made in the appropriate forum yet?  I'd like to be able to grow smokeable crops and build pipes, water pipes, and giant magma bongs.

I don't really think drugs are appropriate though.  Especially how some drugs weren't really prevalent in pre-1400 societies (or some not existing at all, like LSD).  Tags could be included to make smokeable plants addictive, detrimental to health, and/or hallucinogenic.  Smoking hallucinogenic drugs could increase the likelihood of moods, which might be a worthwhile gamble for some.  An addictive hallucinogenic could almost guarantee tantrum spirals and crumbled fortresses.

Hmm.

bluea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 09:31:30 pm »

"Cultivation of opium poppies for food, anesthesia, and ritual purposes dates back to at least the Neolithic Age."

neek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 11:33:06 pm »

I think what he's referring to is a). heroin, b). cocaine (coca leaves, on the other hand, were chewed by Peruvian and Columbian farmers to keep themselves working through the long, hot days), and other drugs which require chemical synthesis to refine.

Opium, hash, marijuana, tobacco, salvia divinorum, 'shrooms, ayahuasca are all a-go for pre-14th century. In all honesty, the Romans and the early medieval societies viewed drugs as medicine: If it wasn't used to cure an ailment, it wasn't a drug; there wasn't the concept of an illicit drug, as they hadn't invented the concept yet. I know Toady might be reticent to include this, but support for addiction and such drugs (which might be part of the medical arc, I don't know) would definitely indicate a possibility.

Also, I think generating pipes should just be a random craft. I'd rather have it be a surprise. :D

Also, one parting thought: I think the lack of alcohol should trigger a negative thought, "Is seeing pink elephants." And if your Fortress spirals into sobriety, you should be stampeded (if not have them appear on your map) by pink elephants. It would be funny.

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 10:47:41 am »

At the very least, we have to have smoking.  What sort of half-decent wizard doesn't smoke?
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

madrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 04:55:50 pm »

At the very least, we have to have smoking.  What sort of half-decent wizard doesn't smoke?

The lucky kind whose fireball spell went off as expected.   ;D