Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Dwarven Cinema

(1/2) > >>

Gauteamus:
I did a quick search on "cinema" and "movies", and nothing related came up, so here is my post:This game keeps amazing me with its potential for different playing styles, and player self-imposed impediments/goals.After some early technology problems, the dwarves in Mosusthocit "Roomspikes" fineally enjoy their own Dwarven Cinema.
With dwarven shrinks not yet having come up with the concept of subliminal messages, and the actual movie not doing much but create an urge to work the pick-axe, efficiency in Roomspikes has reached new heights.The quite primitive movie itself consists of three images constantly flashing an animation of a picking axe, but the dwarves fill the theatre every night.code:
First image
###########
#....#....#
#CSowwwoSC#
#C.worow.C#
#C.ooroo.C#
#C.ooroo.C#
#CSoooooSC#
#.........#
#####D#####Second image
###########
#....#....#
#CSowwooSC#
#C.ooowo.C#
#C.oorow.C#
#C.oroow.C#
#CSooooeSC#
#.........#
#####D#####Third image
###########
#....#....#
#CSowwwoSC#
#C.worow.C#
#C.ooroo.C#
#C.ooroo.C#
#CSoooocSC#
#.........#
#####D#####Key:
o - green glass cut gem
r - red coloured gem
w - white coloured gem
c - clear glass gem
e - emerald gemD - door
S - statue
C - chair
# - wall
. - floor
By building ordered gem windows, with different coloured gems, one can time the flashing to produce images.Why do I put this in the Suggestions Forum?
- it would be sweet if one were able to put more than 3 gems into a window (with a corresponding longer flashing period) the same way one can put many weapons (how many is the maximum?) into a weapons trap. Thus allowing for longer movies.
- also more gems colours would increase the movie makers freedom (I have never really gotten the hang of modding things in the game, partly because I am lazy, partly because I seem to do something wrong, which interrupts world generation?)

Keiseth:
Dwarven... cinema? This... this is madness! Brilliant madness!

Draco18s:
I never made a window with more than one kind of gem.  Maybe I should try it.

McDaz:
This is genius.
Albeit genius as in -apply-electrodes-and-wait-for-lightning-strike-to-obliterate-lab sort of genius, but still genius. Quarry leaf popcorn, anybody? I GOTS to try this (Maybe a Orwellian style Two Minute Hate with a stomping demonic elephant or tree hugging elf?(Yes, I do run a madman dictatorship in my forts, I mean, srsly liek, the first thing I build is a watery execution chamber, later bolt on a magma death cell, then mix the two in a third room, which is a steam torture chamber, where the torturing dorf gets to pull the lever from the safety of some clear windows and the torturee gets armor so he doesn't scald horribly but still suffers, rendering the treatment repeatable.))
"Do you confess NOW?"[ May 28, 2007: Message edited by: McDaz ]

Grek:
Brillant!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version