Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Have wagons bypass based on last year

(1/2) > >>

numerobis:
The wagons bypass if the very second the caravan approaches, the depot is inaccessible.  Instead, could we have it be based on accessibility in the previous year when the merchants *left*?  Two reasons:
(1) reasonability.  How do the merchants know whether they can get to town if no one has ever seen the town?
(2) gameplay.  I pulled up my drawbridge to keep some thieves in and dispatched them.  Now I have a dwarf with a 'pull lever' task standing two tiles from the lever, so I get no wagons.

Draco18s:
The problem with "just two more tiles!" is that the wagons wouldn't be able to path to your Depot.  The game can't assume the bridge will be down and have the wagons head towards you.  What happens when they reach the bridge and it still isn't down?

penguinofhonor:

Tayrin:
quote:Originally posted by penguinofhonor:
<STRONG>Maybe a "The wagons will come soon" warning so you can get your bridges down.</STRONG>I would like this very much. Or at least, something to this effect.It would mean I no longer have to keep all my bridges down, letting all creatures cross freely, for fear of making the wagons bypass my site.

Griz:
quote:Originally posted by Tayrin:
<STRONG>I would like this very much. Or at least, something to this effect.It would mean I no longer have to keep all my bridges down, letting all creatures cross freely, for fear of making the wagons bypass my site.</STRONG>build one bridge to block off depot access (so you can lock in the merchants when the goblins come and you don't want them to all die) and another bridge between the fort and depot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version