Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Flying animals as tactical bombers

(1/4) > >>

John Hopoate:
I don't know what brought this idea on, maybe it was watching "Chronicles of Narnia", maybe it was my recent obsession with flight sims or maybe Elves just piss me off so much that I'll think of any excuse to introduce them to the sweet smell of napalm. Ahh napalm, such a simple concept. Essentially it's just a liquid fuel mixed with a thickening agent, similar incendiary weapons predate the invention of gunpowder by hundreds of years, search for "Greek Fire" in Wikipedia. By all accounts this game will allow you to train animals as mounts, including flying creatures like dragons and griffins. Realistically they should be able to carry a barrel of "Dwarvern Fire" and conduct air strikes on targets of the player's choosing? Off the battlefield these creatures could play a strategic bombing role. Imagine being able to raid and Elven village and set fire to the king's sacred tree palace before those little wood wearing wankers know whats happened? Naturally these creatures should be hard to capture and VERY expensive to buy.

TotalPigeon:
Genius. Why didn't I think of that?

Keilden:
Becuse your a flying rat master? rats can't carry bombs. Except the rat in SMB2.

TotalPigeon:
You ever play TA:K? Rats with bombs there. Cloaking too. Think about that. Flying invisible bomb carrying rats. Exactly what DF needs.

Tamren:
Who needs bombs? just take the dragon  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version