Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35

Author Topic: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Game Over! Mafia Wins)  (Read 35578 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Day 2)
« Reply #300 on: September 03, 2009, 09:00:41 pm »

Ha! I knew it!

Didn't dilly dally with this bullcrap Free Beer, if you were mafia, then you'd have already won! Since it's obvious you're town now, just kill everyone. There's NO ONE to stop you.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 03, 2009, 09:05:05 pm »

Ha! I knew it!

Didn't dilly dally with this bullcrap Free Beer, if you were mafia, then you'd have already won! Since it's obvious you're town now, just kill everyone. There's NO ONE to stop you.

Please do this. The game can end quickly if this is possible and done.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 03, 2009, 09:05:37 pm »

Ha! I knew it!

Please do this. The game can end quickly if this is possible and done.
Amen to that. Kill us all.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 03, 2009, 09:06:47 pm »

I suppose I should have mentioned that I can't split my vote, meaning that I cannot kill you all at once.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 03, 2009, 09:08:13 pm »

Did WA change it or something? Does the Copycat only inherit a fraction of the power? Elaborate!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 03, 2009, 09:08:42 pm »

Word of god? Damn, there goes the broken as shit game-breaking strategy.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #306 on: September 03, 2009, 09:09:18 pm »

Um, unless I'm missing something the game is almost over.

If Free Beer's town, he just kills everyone except for himself.  Town wins.
If Free Beer's scum, he just kills all of the townies.  Scum wins.

Of course this is conditional on him being able to
a) Use infinite votes on everyone, which would prevent single votes from breaking the ties.
b) Use conditional voting or vote near the end of the day to otherwise tie the votes.

I guess I should have figured that that would provoke some responses.  So basically, you can only kill one person and then you'll end up dead tonight (if you're town) or tomorrow (if you're scum).

So other than trying to be a confirmed town center without being confirmed, why would we all want to post to defend ourselves to you?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 03, 2009, 09:11:04 pm »

Did WA change it or something? Does the Copycat only inherit a fraction of the power? Elaborate!

ToonyMan didn't know how to use his power. He should have PM'd webadict for a user manual straight away, like I did. I am guessing that ToonyMan switched his votes over to Diakron at the last minute because webadict let him know he couldn't split his vote.

In any case, I'm going off now. I'm going to expect some quality responses when I get back.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 03, 2009, 09:14:01 pm »

...Well fuck.

I've got things I need to do (in addition to Weirdo Mafia), so I'll be postponing that post (...) that you're demanding until tomorrow afternoon.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 03, 2009, 09:16:11 pm »

Free Beer grew some frickin' grape fruit in his absence, apparently!

This only serves to heighten my frustration though, I shouldn't have to prove myself essay-style to a self-assumed faux-ruler!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #310 on: September 03, 2009, 09:19:29 pm »

Free Beer grew some frickin' grape fruit in his absence, apparently!

This only serves to heighten my frustration though, I shouldn't have to prove myself essay-style to a self-assumed faux-ruler!
My thoughts exactly.  Never thought I'd see the day... ;D

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 03, 2009, 09:24:33 pm »

Let's see, I didn't want to WIFOM the town with your lists. I correctly (I don't care what anybody says) asked the infinity voter to use his power before we hit lylo. I haven't been lurking, although I guess you could say I haven't been as active as possible. Also, I'm not going to push a lynch on you if you don't die tonight. That's 100% grade A bullshit WIFOM right there, which I am NOT falling for. Well, unless you do something stupid, of course, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. I mean, think about it. If I were you and I was scum, I would of kept silent, trying to get to lylo with unlimited votes in tact. Not sure if I could get away with that, mind you, but that's what I would do if I was scum in your shoes. I guess you could be scum, so I'll keep my eyes open, but I'm doubting it at this point.

I'll come up with some more stuff tomorrow, I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

FAKE EDIT: To the people who don't want to explain to Free Beer: Enjoy getting lynched.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #312 on: September 03, 2009, 09:29:18 pm »

FAKE EDIT: To the people who don't want to explain to Free Beer: Enjoy getting lynched.
But he can only lynch one of us.

And even if he doesn't die tonight, then it's still possible that he's town, albeit town with a temporary power trip.
And he won't be able to use the Unlimited Voter's ability after today.  The Copycat only lasts for one day.

(Unless he can copy the power he's stolen by voting for himself?)

One possibility is that he's hoping for someone with a different powerful role to reveal themselves.  Then he can vote for them, lynch them, and take the role for the next day, ad nauseum.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 03, 2009, 09:30:17 pm »

Great, we get scum with unlimited power on day 2. Just great.

And, yes, I still think Free Beer and Mr.Person are scum. Free Beer especially, since neither ToonyMan nor Diakron were scum, and he was in the middle of all of that. Not sure on the last scum. I'll have to think on that one.

5 Reasons I'm not scum? I'll have to think on that. I just got internet and we're going to dinner soon, but I'll try to come up with something more compelling then "You're scum and I'm town!" as an argument. But my reasons for thinking you're scum stand. You were very suspicious yesterday and nothing's happened to change that. If you can't just vote everyone and kill us all off nothing that's happened has changed my thoughts on you.

I still think the fight between you and Mr.Person was staged, and I think your fight with chaoticjosh was just a deflection attempt to make you look combative in general once you were called out on it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 03, 2009, 09:34:26 pm »

I'm going to bed, seeing how Org is going to be lynched so far, I'm fine with that.

Good night all.

EDIT:  FREAKIN DO'H THIS IS MEANT FOR WERIDO HOLD ON.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35