Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Screen to show what all assigned jobs and what dwarves h

(1/2) > >>

Doctor Zero:
I kind of expected the job screen would tell me not only what each dwarf is currently doing, but also what dwarves I have assigned to what tasks. It seems to me that the Jobs screen and the Unit screen are very similar, just sorted differently. What I would REALLY like to see is a list of each task and all the dwarves that have been set to do that task. So it might say:
code:
Fishing:
    Stinky Wilzzleteat - Fisherdwarf
    Abraham Lincoln - Fisherdwarf
Architechture:
    None
Mining:
    Abraham Lincoln - Fisherdwarf
    Sleepy - Miner
    Happy - Miner
    Doc - miner

All whether or not they are currently doing the task or not. What this tells me is I managed to assign Abraham Lincoln to two tasks, both Fishing and Mining, and that there are no wells being built because I forgot to assign anyone to Architechture.As it stands now I have to go through every single dwarf to see if I assigned anyone to do something, and it's quite tedious.[ August 24, 2006: Message edited by: Doctor Zero ]

FunkyWaltDogg:
The Job List has every job in the queue, including those that aren't being worked on by any of your dwarves.  The Unit list displays every unit on the map (including dead ones), but only shows those jobs that are currently being worked on.A screen that displayed assigned labor and allowed you to adjust it would be extremely handy, though.

Shujaa:
I had a similar idea, basically I'd like to see a screen for jobs like the one for assigning military weapons and armour - you can see what's assigned and toggle it from the same screen.It would be much easier if you can alter assignments that way rather than having to zoom to each dwarf you want to change, and then having to go back to the list screen.

Aquillion:
Even better:  List each job, all the dwarves assigned to that job, and their skill levels in the related skill, sorted by skill.  For instance:code:Fishing:
    Stinky Wilzzleteat - Master Fisherdwarf
    Sleepy             - Fisherdwarf
    Abraham Lincoln - Novice FisherdwarfMining:
    Abraham Lincoln - Legendary Miner
    Sleepy - Expert Miner
    Happy - Novice Miner
    Doc - Novice Miner

That would be extremely useful.Even better would be a menu where you could select a skill and see all your dwarves sorted by their rank in that skill, with their skill level and whether or not they're currently assigned to the related job listed after their name.  Quite often, after all, the player will want to grab the next-best dwarf who isn't assigned to do a given job, and have them do it.[ August 24, 2006: Message edited by: Aquillion ]

Doctor Zero:
Yeah, good idea!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version