Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Whats wrong with this?  (Read 787 times)

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Whats wrong with this?
« on: August 26, 2009, 03:26:26 pm »

I was playing around with an old, old copy of DF I had, and was thinking of inserting a race from it into my current copy - apparently, I got skeletons from somewhere, god only knows where, and had them running around glaciers in Dark Fortresses. I was thinking of replacing my orcs with them, but for some reason they keep not appearing in worldgen. I display them below, that someone more gifted can tell me whats wrong.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
Re: Whats wrong with this?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 07:14:44 pm »

Man, it looks like it should work.  It looks like you have a tab in front of the hammerman name on the creatue raw; this could throw off something maybe but shouldn't cause total failure. I've successfully made civing treants with very similar stats.  The only difference between them as far as I can tell is that your skeletons have NO_FEAR and NO_THOUGHT.  Maybe those somehow prevent civilizations...

I'm assuming they're not dying off in worldgen (with that birthrate I bet they'd take over the world if they got a foothold).

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 12:11:39 pm »

I figured it out. I moved it from an entity_undead file to the entity_default one, and they are in there. I have no idea why orcs work without being in the default file, but my race does not. In any case, I will now place all races I mod, into the default file.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 12:57:27 pm »

You've made sure you have both the name of the file and [OBJECT:ENTITY] at the top of the file?

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 05:32:23 am »

Yes, the only difference was the change in version, as far as I can tell.