Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Physics and the Holocaust  (Read 2477 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: Physics and the Holocaust
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 05:07:12 pm »

Disregarding the fact that they are nazis, those dudes are fucking sick-awesome.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 05:10:31 pm »

I just noticed this.

So I got my physics course, which, much to my dismay, my mother ordered from Bob Jones Univeristy. In case you didn't know, it's a christian school.

What?

I didn't know they were accredited.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 05:11:54 pm »

According to Wikipedia

"Since 2005 BJU has been accredited by the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools, an accrediting organization recognized by the Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation"
!!&!!

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2009, 05:17:15 pm »

nvm... just facepalm...

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2009, 05:18:38 pm »

Agreed with the above facepalm.

Ah, well. They can't be all that bad, probably just wonky in sciences.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 05:36:34 pm »

Look... my first four years I spent in school were in a friggin PUBLIC school... I dont know how the christian priest from the church across the street managed to wedge himself into our education, but he did. Lucky for me he was only touching young girls, and leaving us boys alone :o (Not kidding)

Then -for some stupid reason, which was totally my fault- I went to a catholic private school.

I have met enough christians in my life to design a post not fitting for any forum. Hence I just opted for the facepalm thing, but I tell you, I could ramble on for hours about all the stupidity in no matter what kind of christian mythology. I think all those funky little subgroups even manage to fight over the fact on which side of god the holy spirit is sitting or some stupid shit like that  ::)

Seriously, it's a religion for braindead sheeple. Just look at them :(

But you cant say such things without getting at least somebody offended... so just ignore this post...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 05:38:36 pm by Puck »

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009, 05:43:58 pm »

Well, at least we made it to page two before the overt Christian-bashing began. Go team!

I'll hold off on my obligatory "in defense of Christians" mini-rant because I've said it before.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2009, 05:44:54 pm »

OH SHIT GET THIS OUT OF HERE

This thread is likely to stay on the topic of religion, as that is part of the original intention. Religion threads are a beacon for flame wars. Lock this thread. Now. Every time someone tries to start another religion thread, they say, "o lol, nah i tink we can handl it now. bay12 is tolerant and civil". And guess what? IT NEVER WORKS OUT. It always ends up getting locked, usually by Toady or ThreeToe. Just save the misery and do the inevitable: lock this thread now, Psyco Jelly. For the good of humanity!

[Pre-Post Edit:] Oh joy. One of the first blatant flames of the thread. This can only get worse from here:

Seriously, it's a religion for braindead sheeple. Just look at them
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2009, 05:50:57 pm »

Well, at least we made it to page two before the overt Christian-bashing began

Yep it is as good of a reason to lock the thread then any (other then the topic creator intentionally trying to cause a flamewar that is)

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2009, 06:05:00 pm »

Funny enough, I never stumbled upon a topic in which a mention of buddhism started a flamewar. Maybe it's because there are so many different forms of buddhism, that nobody even can know what is going on, or maybe it's because the core messages are being communicated in a totally not twisted and sick way. I mean come on, the story about jonas and the whale as a metaphor for "god is transcending everything"... how sick can it get? It's only a small step from there to telling children there are monsters in their closet  ::)

I tell ye, its them funky christians. There is something fishy about them (ha, reference joke). I mean, c'mon, the pope looks like Emperor Palpatine and is telling the world condoms are bad? Subgroups bashing gay people and preventing evolution theory from being taught?

Sure, you can find idiots everywhere. But I'm convinced you find more of them among soccer players and christians.

Seriously. They creep me out. Big time.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2009, 06:12:16 pm »

completely unnecessary post

OK, so when everyone calls out your Christian-bashing you decide the solution is more Christian-bashing?

Vote Lock

It will only get worse.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2009, 06:26:44 pm »

Maybe I'm not trying very hard to be polite about it, but calling what I posted "bashing" is just unfair.

I think you cannot expect people to just not say anything. I'm convinced the ... mythic knowlegde, if you will, taught by christians is harmful. If it wasnt harmful, there wouldnt be any "bashing".

Remember, Jesus loves you. But his father might just drown you in the next deluge. Repent sinners and all that.

Very, very healthy ::)

edit: oh yeah, and I vote for lock, too. I'm just tempted here.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 06:28:29 pm by Puck »

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2009, 06:29:25 pm »

Generally insulting someone's belief is considered "bashing".

I just started this topic because I was amazed that such a thing got into a physics book.

What does physics have to do with the holocaust?

I'll lock the thread if things don't improve. The nazi-car was awesome. Then Puck came in, which provoked Zai.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2009, 06:36:10 pm »

Ok, ok. Maybe calling it a religion for "braindead sheeple" was a bit over the top. But the rest wasnt an insult, that's just observation. I didnt make it through the whole bible (and of course not through every version of it), but I read more of it than most "active" christians. I was friggin raised by christians. I had a lot of time to think about it.

It IS sick, rotten and twisted. Sure, you have healthy and very very useful christians (even catholics!) all over the world, but how they managed to stay sane is beyond me. The whole thing is full of contradictions, and how one should be able to find true enlightenment with such twisted teachings is even harder to understand.

It's a dark and dangerous religion, and I know there is a lot of denying about the simple fact that it's actually full of hate.

And why am I saying this? Because if the root is sick, the tree is sick or at least sure as hell will become sick. Ergo: I'm not very surprised about that "physics book".
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 06:39:16 pm by Puck »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2009, 06:37:08 pm »

Those excerpts are hilarious.  The sadness I feel at seeing such things enter into a physics book is counteracted by the pure entertainment value of someone not only believing that idiocy, but also feeling it was somehow related to physics.

I will also admit to suffering temporary dyslexia and originally reading the topic title as "Physics and the Hobocaust", which would make for an awesome band name.  Or Flash game, for that matter.
Pages: 1 [2] 3