Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is it exactly?

A Statue, of course
A Column with an ornament atop it
Other (Post what you think)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: [PLANEPACKED] The statue itself.  (Read 11653 times)

MMad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [PLANEPACKED] The statue itself.
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2009, 04:13:56 pm »

I always imagined this crazy Planepacked statue as something along the lines of Trajan's column. That's the only way I could imagine it having so many engravings without looking utterly ridiculous - it's *all* engravings.

I do like your version of it. :) But I wonder how it would look covered in oh so many engravings.

I realized something making this, I am not sure were the limits for "NSFW" go with any great precision; [...] And we also have the fact abaut the forum guidlines, "Do not discuss sexually oriented material" seems quite ambigus

Pfft. Nudity is not inherently sexual, and calling Michelangelo's David "sexually oriented" would be a freaking travesty.

That said, it'd probably be best to avoid any swinging dorf dongs. :p
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 04:21:57 pm by MMad »
"Ask not what your fortress can do for you - ask what you can do for your fortress."
Unapologetic ASCII abolitionist.

Braddles!?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2009, 02:19:11 am »

its made of 5th dimensional hypercubes.

(only truly applied dwarven scientists could fall into a strange mood and figure this one out)

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2009, 11:22:58 am »

Truly an epic rendering there Armok, although I must side with the dwarf isn't a dwarf without armor. Perhaps think ahead to the stone plate armor? Artistic nudity may be a human thing?

However you decide to go, I am very eager to see the results. I'll second the non-blurry view as well. I'd love to see this on my desktop.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2009, 02:04:20 pm »

I really should get working on this again... the problem is there are approximately 500 other things I also should get working on...
Just keep reminding me every week or so, and if I stop sprouting excuses every two weeks or so then start PMing and email me with harassments.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2009, 12:07:32 am »

I really should get working on this again... the problem is there are approximately 500 other things I also should get working on...
Just keep reminding me every week or so, and if I stop sprouting excuses every two weeks or so then start PMing and email me with harassments.
I know how you feel. I nickname it "Hubert Farnsworth Syndrome". Basically you're an absent-minded genius that has a million half-finished products all over the place which are impossible to explain on their own due to how they are found in dreams, and lost in another dream.

I suppose Plaepacked IS, in fact, a conceivable product if we apply this properly.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2009, 08:33:47 am »

I know how you feel. I nickname it "Hubert Farnsworth Syndrome". Basically you're an absent-minded genius that has a million half-finished products all over the place which are impossible to explain on their own due to how they are far beyond human comprehension.

I suppose Plaepacked IS, in fact, a conceivable product if we apply this properly.
Fixed. ;)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2009, 05:44:47 am »

Planepacked reminded me of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]