Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Paddledmirrors - Battling Forts - Turn 7: Fortress Blues [Need More Overseers]  (Read 17999 times)

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile

Actually, I'm referring to this:
And triple post! :P My bad there, just wanted to make sure that challenge was feasible.

So overall challenge: Set up a Nobleman room underground, and equip it with 1 valuable glass (any) item.

Step 1: Pierce aquifer
Step 2: Create noble room
Step 3: Place at least 1 valuable glass item in noble room

Your reward? Full claim rights to the first cavern discovered. The other faction cannot use that cavern at all.

If both sides succeed in all three steps, the value of the glass item will decide the winner. This room will now be the first shared noble room. The other room will have to be abandoned.

If both sides do not fulfil all three requirements, the side who gets the farthest wins.

In case of a tie, both sides get to share cavern. A future victory can be used to reverse that and force the opposite side to leave.

I don't need to make any more modifications to the save, so Dolwin's save is good to go.

Prohibition challenge: Death or replacement of the vampire the noble mayor during your turn is results in an automatic failure. So says the great king, Arrowworld
Damn, that was a good turn Pie Maker! Congratulations on achieving the first Challenge victory! I will give Blue a chance to recuperate and continue from there.
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

Oops.
CognitiveDissonance should have put the current state of claims and achievments to the first post.

Will retreat from there then and occupy the second one. Blue Fort demands silk!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Personal notes of Indigo
The res of the year went smooth. We received the message from capital that Reds had their claim over all cavern, so we should retreat from there. Screw it, we'll take the next one!

Siege was lifted, too bad Reds won't have to deal with it. Anyway, I'm passing the rulership to REds and then to next Blue overseer.

So, little things that should help us survive the next year:
Statue garden with waterfall. Actually, two ones (I was thinking of arranging dwarven kindergarden for our children, but didn't have time for that.
Two squads of marksdwarves that are ordered to defend the fort inside. Shedules are defend and idle for each month, with squads being active in turns. I guess that's enough for evil cavern creatures that can get through our walls. Unfortunately, we haven't finished blockading whole part of caverns
Clothiers working non-stop on making shirts, trousers and socks. That should prevent unhappines caused by bad cloth
Lavish meal on repeat. Good both for eating and for trading.
Forges set on repeat too. Silver bolts, crossbows and armor.

Bad things:
Some of our fallen dwarves are unburied. That's because dead Reds always claim our coffins just when we set it. Bloody assholes even after death!
Cavern aren't blocked completely, so there can be some angry creatures. Hope we'll survive.

Save is here

I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile

Nice work getting through the aquifer!!  I'm worried about the cavern creatures being able to enter the fort though?
Also, very strange that the Red team started going crazy.  Maybe it was the comment about them needing all clothing dyed red  :P

Dolwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My guess is that the metalsmith failed his artifact, went berserk.  Everyone is friends with everyone since there is nothing to do but hang out and drink every other year, so one death hit the whole fort hard.  One person was unhappy enough that they tantrumed too, and then the fun started.

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile

I agree, it was probably the failed mood that sparked off the Fun. If I was still the fortress' dictator this is what I would do.

1.Dig out a couple of deep pits for the crazy suicidal dwarves to enjoy.

2.Assess the population. Separate the loners and no-empathy-feeling-psychopaths from the fortress population. Make these fine dwarves the administration of the...uh...rehabilitation pragramme.

3.Order the immediate digging of isolated 1x2 rooms in the soil layer, each featuring a well, enough food for a month and a lovely lead chair. Then lock up 5-20 tantrumming dwarves in each, as well as a couple of cows for good measure. Sit back and enjoy the show.

4.Dig out several luxury suites for the selected few. (Some dwarves are, of course, more equal than others)

...you know what, sign me up for another turn in Red, will you?
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would like to sign up for a turn as well, again for Red. If we do not manage to survive, Blue.
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ahem... have I mentioned that total children population overwhelms adults?
But actually at the end of turn the Red tantrum spiral was almost over, and Blue spiral was prevented, I think.

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I'm worried that no one wants to sign up for a Red turn right now?
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey all! I have had city flooding and work derail everything I've been working on. Apologies for that, I'm still learning this whole "responsibility" thing. I'm not a terrible GM, I swear, just an inexperienced one :P Once today is over, let me catch up on everything, update the challenge info and reorganize original post.

I kind of want to play a turn myself now... what could go wrong?!
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]