Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 47

Author Topic: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"  (Read 83132 times)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2009, 12:02:32 pm »

Weird.  The non-steam version works fine at least.  I have version 2.000 up and running, and it's pretty awesome.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

x4000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2009, 12:18:47 pm »

Hey guys,

Okay, so the demo on Steam is completely nonfunctional, as some people have figured out.  It's meant to hook into the Steamworks features, but it is failing to do so because of an appid mismatch, and that's something I need to work out with Valve after 9am PST when they return to work.

This is one where I dropped the ball.  Around 1pm PST yesterday Valve put the demo up for me to test, but I've been quite sick and mostly unconscious since a bit before that, and was not able to.  Naturally, then, it was nonfunctional -- go figure.  The demo from our main site of course works great, but the demo on Steam will need to be fixed up in a few hours from now, when I'm able to coordinate with Valve.

Thanks for your patience with this, and my apologies!  I'm doing much better today, though not back to 100%, and so hopefully I'll be more present and on top of things today.  Of all the times to get sick...

Chris

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2009, 12:05:34 pm »

Just bought this purely because people here seem to like it (that, and I love space battle sims). Picked it up from Impulse since that's were I prefer to get my indie games.

x4000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2009, 02:52:30 pm »

Just bought this purely because people here seem to like it (that, and I love space battle sims). Picked it up from Impulse since that's were I prefer to get my indie games.

Hope you enjoy it!

Uber dwarf2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • Please stop reading this, I will be banned if yo-
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2009, 03:07:36 pm »

Sprites,No Micromanagement,Unit Cap?

I saw the Deal on Steam but wouldn't it just be a spam of childern saying "Ohhh very...large....amounts...of...big...ships..."?

x4000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2009, 03:10:08 pm »

I saw the Deal on Steam but wouldn't it just be a spam of childern saying "Ohhh very...large....amounts...of...big...ships..."?

Not sure exactly what you mean -- the "no micromangement" thing refers to the game having actual strategy to it, rather than just being a click-fest.  A lot of TBS players have been enjoying AI War, quite to their surprise given that they generally hate RTS games.  I'd suggest checking our some of our reviews, or the demo, if you're unsure.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2009, 03:13:21 pm »

...huh?...
Okay, you can play it with no micro but that doesn't mean you can't still micromanage anyway, all it means is that you don't have to click on a hundred individual units every second to make them cast their whatever...

And show me one game with no unit caps, seriously...

that said, because the difficulty range is HUGE there's probably plenty of kids that would like it, I know I would have when I was younger, but so?
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2009, 12:02:06 pm »

AI War and the pre-ordering for the expansion are 25% off through monday! Details here.

Its totally worth it!
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2009, 08:35:58 pm »

Hey random question, I am looking foreword to buying the game, but I just want to know.
Is there any difference to the regular game and the Steam version? Can they play online together?
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2009, 07:47:30 am »

Hey random question, I am looking foreword to buying the game, but I just want to know.
Is there any difference to the regular game and the Steam version? Can they play online together?

Totally the same (apart from the advantages of steam like achievements and leaderboards) so yes, they can play together.

For the record, if you buy a non-steam copy of AI War you can input its CD key into steam and have a steam copy too. Or if you buy the game through steam you can take the CD key and input it into a non-steam copy and play without steam! Chris really believes in not having DRM  :)

Only differences between steam and non-steam AI War:
1) Steam has online achievements and leaderboards
2) Steam cannot be used for beta testing (the remarkably stable) prereleases, as it uses its own updater. (you can still get the CD key and have a separate, non-steam, testing copy. I have two AI War icons on my desktop for just that purpose)

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2010, 09:44:48 pm »

RISE FROM THE DEAD MY UNDEAD MINION! COME FORTH AND SPREAD THE WORD OF THIS GREAT GAME AGAIN AMONG US!

I am bringing this back since I just bought the expansion to the game. The game version is already up to an official version 3.120 since I last posted. Its remarkable the improvements Chris has made to the game. Everyone should check it out if they like 4x games, RTS games, or coop games, because its like all those rolled into one highly polished whole.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2010, 09:49:46 pm »

Wasn't it also a tower defense game?

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2010, 09:59:23 pm »

Only in the part where the enemy occasionally sends announced waves at you, and you can set up fixed turret defenses to stop said waves.

Its not really a tower defense game though.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2010, 10:05:26 pm »

Aha, maybe I will get it next time it's on sale.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2010, 10:07:18 pm »

You can try the demo now to see if you like it :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/40400/
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 47