Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47

Author Topic: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"  (Read 82680 times)

x4000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2009, 09:57:17 am »

No problem!  If you want to check it out, there's a free demo of it on our site, too.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2009, 10:15:45 am »

I was so impressed by the game that I bought it this morning. I still have not finished the intermediate tutorial, but I know I love the game  ;D
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

x4000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2009, 10:23:41 am »

I was so impressed by the game that I bought it this morning. I still have not finished the intermediate tutorial, but I know I love the game  ;D

Thanks for your support!  Yeah, I actually get a lot of people who buy it while in the middle of the intermediate tutorial, actually.  I think that's pretty cool. :)

The 1.201 version came out just last night, so if you don't have it yet, you might want to check it out before you start your first real campaign.  Lots of cool improvements in there, it's a month in the making!

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2009, 01:35:32 pm »

The 1.201 version came out just last night, so if you don't have it yet, you might want to check it out before you start your first real campaign.  Lots of cool improvements in there, it's a month in the making!

Ive been hanging around the IRC channel, so I knew that already, but thanks  :)

I am going to update once I finish the tutorial and then I am so excited to play a real campaign!

x4000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2009, 01:36:11 pm »

Ive been hanging around the IRC channel, so I knew that already, but thanks  :)

I am going to update once I finish the tutorial and then I am so excited to play a real campaign!

Cool stuff! :)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2009, 04:39:51 pm »

Oh, i have to say, hamachi is a must when it comes to playing multiplayer.

Reason: I was having serious connection problems with other people, but with hamachi all my problem were sooooolllvvveeeed. yey for fake lan's.

x4000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2009, 04:43:00 pm »

Oh, i have to say, hamachi is a must when it comes to playing multiplayer.

Reason: I was having serious connection problems with other people, but with hamachi all my problem were sooooolllvvveeeed. yey for fake lan's.

Wow, that's really surprising.  Were you having trouble connecting at the start, or was it problems with after you were connected?  I would think Hamachi might help with the former (if ports and firewalls were the issue), but I wouldn't expect any difference with the latter.  Very interesting, and thanks for posting the tip!

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2009, 05:16:42 pm »

Its just a known router issue. I cba bothered fixing it. It takkkeeesss waaay too long.

x4000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2009, 06:55:15 pm »

Ah, gotcha.  Good to know!

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2009, 07:07:45 am »

Holy shit, my internet connection is bad for online .net framework installing...

Can I just download the offline installer? (3.5 SP1) Will it work?

x4000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2009, 08:37:06 am »

Holy shit, my internet connection is bad for online .net framework installing...

Can I just download the offline installer? (3.5 SP1) Will it work?

Yes, that will work just fine!  Some people have problems with the web-based one, so in those cases the full offline one is needed.  That's not the one we use because it is so huge.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2009, 07:34:58 am »

I am resurrecting this thread because I am still playing this great game even today. This is not a game where the novelty wears off fast and you regret buying it. The total polar opposite of that feeling, I love this game, I am still playing it, still enjoying it. I see no end to the fun I can have with it.

I am very excited, as the 2.0 release of the game, and its release on Steam, are going to happen within the week  :o

Grishnak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2009, 12:31:12 pm »

Yeah, I still play it too, allthough online is kind of crappy for me since I have really shitty net, so I am interested in the UDP portion of online play to see if that helps any.
I'm a saint when it comes to pirating.  I've ripped and burned many a .iso, went .rar at my maties and sailed the .7z's.
Blog for my new roguelike Lost Horizon. <- kind of on hold
My SoundCloud
My Youtube Channel

x4000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2009, 12:36:59 pm »

Yeah, I still play it too, allthough online is kind of crappy for me since I have really shitty net, so I am interested in the UDP portion of online play to see if that helps any.

I think it was switched to UDP as of 1.301, so if you'd updated to that (free) version, you'd have the new UDP code.  With networks with even a little bit of packet loss, the old TCP version performed really terribly, you're right.  Took a while to find that out, though. :/

If you're already on 1.301 and looking to score an early version of 2.0 (which comes out tomorrow officially), you can get that here:  http://arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,1813.0.html

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2009, 04:24:06 pm »

Ooh.  I hadn't played since shortly after buying it (got busy with other stuff!), but I'm doing to dive back in once my real computer's up and running.

Anyone on here fancy a multiplayer game sometime?  Maybe I'd better figure out what difficulty I can take on, myself, first...  How does difficulty generally work in multiplayer games?  IE if I consider an ideal challenge to be one 5-difficulty enemy, would two players like me say the same thing about two 5-difficulty enemies?

(Anyone who knows more about multiplayer might wanna make a thread in the actual multiplayer game subforum...)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47