Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Making a race, with trainable slaves  (Read 1447 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Making a race, with trainable slaves
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 08:34:22 pm »

Horses are available to dwarves on embark, and dwarves always live in mountains, so I'd guess humans don't have to be in the horse biome to use them.  Though why, I'm not entirely sure.  I believe it has something to do with common_domestic.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Keuran

• Bay Watcher
  • not made of spiders
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 08:46:28 pm »

All creatures in animal_domestic have the [COMMON_DOMESTIC] flag, which I'm pretty sure is the marker that says they're considered available pets for all civs

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2009, 08:48:54 pm »

Although I think giving them the evil tag will make only evil civs use it, though.  And now I remember doing something like that once.  Pretty sure it works.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Keuran

• Bay Watcher
  • not made of spiders
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 08:52:59 pm »

It's not the civs themselves, there are entity tags that will make them refuse to use things with evil, good, savage or benign biomes, and also one to refuse any creatures that only appear in cavernous biomes(caves, bottomless pits, magma, chasms)

The good/evil tags come in 3 categories, animals, plants and wood

There are also 4 tags determining if animals will be used as mounts, pets, pack animals, and cart pullers
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 08:56:48 pm by Keuran »

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 11:31:57 pm »

I'm pretty sure goblins have a [PRO_SLAVERY]
tag somewhere?
Not sure what it's called.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 11:37:14 pm »

That's in their ethics, I think. Also an entity tag. Something about [ETHIC::SLAVERY: ACCEPTABLE]. Compared to the human policy, which is [ETHIC:SLAVERY:PUNISH_CAPITAL]
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 06:58:58 pm »

Pets, I think, are different than slaves anyway at the moment.  Sentient slaves in DF are normally gray, and when you can "rescue" them in adventure mode by asking them to join you.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 [2]