Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Body enhancements/More lethal wrestling  (Read 771 times)

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Body enhancements/More lethal wrestling
« on: August 30, 2009, 08:23:15 am »

Hi.  I was wondering if anyone has made a mod which enhances creatures' bodily structures and makes wrestling more lethal? Being able to break quadrupeds' limbs, being able to snap necks Sam Fisher(dwarf) style, more vital parts to target et al.  If so, could someone link me to it?  Kthxbai.
You are sentenced to 2477 consecutive life terms.  Have a nice day.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: Body enhancements/More lethal wrestling
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 09:10:12 am »

I'm not sure if it has exactly what you're looking for, but...

Sean Mirrsen's Modpack.

It has something called the martial arts mod. Maybe you'll find what you're looking for there.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 02:02:04 pm »

How wrestling works is hard coded. You might be able to change how it works by changing the body parts to bite, but I don't think you can change it to let you snap your opponents neck.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 12:48:35 am »

If you add the [JOINT] tag to the neck body part then you can grab peoples necks and snap them. You could also go and create joint/bone sets for quadrupeds and birds. I would give you mine, but it is mixed in with a bunch of other stuff right now and it would take me just as long to separate as it would take for you to make new ones.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 10:46:57 am »

Confirmed. Adding the [JOINT] tag to the neck allows you to break them. Death by suffocation soon follows.

I tested it with an HFS adventurer, meaning that it was a lot easier than it would have been for a human or a dwarf. Still, breaking an enemy's neck makes him drop his weapon for some reason. If you can sneak up close enough to an opponent and have good enough wrestling skill, they're down for the count.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 10:36:30 pm »

The reason that they drop their weapon is because of the intense pain that is caused by breaking a body part with the [NERVOUS] tag. I mean, if you just had your spine broken then you would probably drop whatever you were holding to right. As for the easiest way to take people out, I have found that breaking peoples spines and then gouging out their eyes will usually take down almost anything, no matter how tough it is.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 11:22:32 pm »

Forgot how damn complex and awesome DF is.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 09:28:18 am »

good now will npc's snap necks?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 09:31:47 am »

Yes, every so often. They won't target them specifically - they'll be treated just like any other lockable joint.

Of course it's awesome walking into town and getting messages about batmen fighting humans and necks snapping.