Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bloat109, DRINK IMPROVEMENTS  (Read 3326 times)

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloat109, DRINK IMPROVEMENTS
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 04:07:34 am »

Beer doesn't get vintage as it spoils over time

Personally I think drinks should only get names as a part of a brand. Otherwise everything starts getting names and the mechanic becomes meaningless

praguepride

• Bay Watcher
  • DF is serious business!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 09:09:27 am »

I guess it comes down to how much time & energy is worth investing.

You Toady could create an excellent, intelligent naming convention.

So if it's a grain based input it could produce these kinds of alcohol. If it's a berry it can produce these kinds.

If it's a beer, then the naming convention might be something like Creator's Adjective, so Urist's Best.

If it's a wine/whiskey it might be named after the Group or Fortress and include the year (Tower of Doom, 201).

If it's a rum add Captain in front of creator's name: Captain Urist's Spiced Rum :D

But it's kind of a ??? at the moment because how much time & energy SHOULD be put into something that's fairly trivial.

The OP suggestion would be a good first step given the current system. In the future when the game puts more weight on the input ingredients, then you could start having special naming lists for different items. This would be rolled into the overall recipe/improved cooking.

So to alter the OP, masterwork Wine & Whiskey would add the year to them, beer, ale, and others would remain sans year.
Man, dwarves are such a**holes!

Even automatic genocide would be a better approach

Kilo24

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 08:10:34 pm »

But it's kind of a ??? at the moment because how much time & energy SHOULD be put into something that's fairly trivial.
Just take a look at the geology and weather systems.  I don't quite think that that will bother Toady too much.  :)

But your point is still valid.
Pages: 1 [2]