Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: What's with Children's Cartoons Nowadays?  (Read 35482 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: What's with Children's Cartoons Nowadays?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 12:54:14 am »

Child Entertainment is degrading by the minute

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 12:54:55 am »

IT was chowder.

It's hard to believe that Schnitzel is voiced by John DiMaggio, the same guy who does Bender from Futurama, and the Scotsman from Samurai Jack.

Man, I loved Genndy Tartakovsky cartoons.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 01:03:30 am by Rashilul »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2009, 12:59:12 am »

It's not them changing tastes, it's them realizing that it doesn't matter what they make.

And there is (or was) a show called the Mr Man Show, of which all the characters were geometric shapes with arms, legs and faces inhabiting atmosphere, except when the plot calls for a building or them to find something on the ground.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 01:00:46 am »

IT was chowder.

It's hard to believe that Schnitzel is voiced by John DiMaggio, the same guy who does Bender from Futurama, and the Scotsman from Samurai Jack.

Samurai Jack.

There was this one episode that had no dialogue whatsoever. It was just running across the painted mountains and slashing things and running some more.

I miss it.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 01:02:22 am »

IT was chowder.

Samurai Jack.

There was this one episode that had no dialogue whatsoever. It was just running across the painted mountains and slashing things and running some more.

I miss it.

I have it on DvD.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 01:03:35 am »

Child Entertainment is degrading by the minute

Flapjack is awesome, man.  Don't knock Flapjack.
Shoes...

Kavalion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 01:04:06 am »

I miss the Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.  :(

Run, it's the horse thieves!

And it does matter what they make.  A lot of parents would rather have their 5 year-old kids watch Pirates of the Caribbean with all its murderous undead than the typical cartoons on cartoon network.  Less chance of them growing up to be serial killers.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2009, 01:04:25 am »

IT was chowder.

Samurai Jack.

I miss it.
It's on boomerang now.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2009, 01:06:28 am »

You mean with Space Ghost and Bird Man?

I also miss the Dinosaucers. That show was terrible, yet charming.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2009, 01:13:37 am »

I used to watch Speed Racer when I was in, like, preschool/kindergaten.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2009, 01:15:10 am »

Huh, I stopped watching TV since last year and now cartoons have gone back to in my youth? Lol, what do you mean "nowadays"? Back in my day, we had Ren and Stimpy, Daria, Beavis and Butthead, crossdressing Looney Toons, violent Tom & Jerry.

I'd say cartoons nowadays are fine. The new trend seems to be about superheroes who are average kids trying to get through school and life. At least the ones on Disney and Cartoon Network seem to be.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2009, 01:16:03 am »

I used to watch Speed Racer when I was in, like, preschool/kindergaten.

The local channels always carried some really old shows, so I grew up watching Space Ghost and Jonny Quest.

Come to think of it, my childhood cartoons had a distinctive lack of girlyness.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2009, 01:17:58 am »

I'd say cartoons nowadays are fine. The new trend seems to be about superheroes who are average kids trying to get through school and life Drugs, violence, and crappy puns. At least the ones on Disney and Cartoon Network seem to be.

Fixed

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2009, 01:44:55 am »

I'd say cartoons nowadays are fine. The new trend seems to be about superheroes who are average kids trying to get through school and life Drugs, violence, and crappy puns. At least the ones on Disney and Cartoon Network seem to be.

Fixed

Huh, what did I miss? You mean Adult Swim? Or something like this?
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2009, 01:49:50 am »

I love whoever made that.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15