Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Starting in an Arch Conservative world?  (Read 1134 times)

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Starting in an Arch Conservative world?
« on: August 30, 2009, 08:10:36 pm »

Hi guys, so I've been playing this and I found out about the disbanding thing and if you go far enough into the future, everything is C+ and you live in like a total conservative society.  I'd love to play in a world like this except I don't want my character to be old.  Is there a way around this? I'm ok with cheating if it makes it possible for me to play in this dystopian future while being 24.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 08:25:10 pm by Tnx »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: Starting in an Arch Conservative world?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 10:10:17 pm »

The next version, whenever that comes out, will have the option to start in such a world.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 10:20:00 pm »

Excellent, I'll be gone for about a month, you think it'll be out by then?  Oh and how configurable would you say the world will be?  I'd like everything to be all red if possible.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 10:59:46 pm »

Is there going to be some mechanic for the LCS to hang on by their fingernails when all the laws go red?  Because otherwise, I don't see how you'd make the game playable when the conservatives have already won.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 11:33:24 pm »

I don't remember what the political situation is as far as officeholders go, but all the laws are full on red, and the opinion polls are all at 5%. I'm pretty sure the game does not immediately start endgame procedures; you just have to claw your way up out of a much deeper pit and under more hostile circumstances.

You can also start with the CCS active and very powerful, as if they were the first Crime Squad, and you're the reactionary group. This is super hard mode; they'll start ambushing your squads and carbombing safehouses long before you have the resources to deal with them.

Edit: As for release date, I honestly can't say. Personally, I'm getting a new semester started and will probably be more or less focused on that for awhile, but there are some others that might be working more on the game.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 11:40:15 pm by Jonathan S. Fox »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 11:23:58 am »

Is there going to be some mechanic for the LCS to hang on by their fingernails when all the laws go red?  Because otherwise, I don't see how you'd make the game playable when the conservatives have already won.

Arch-Conservatives do not win when laws are all C+. They win when they pass the Arch-Conservative Amendment, which occurs when 2/3rds of the House and the Senate are Arch-Conservative.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 02:31:29 pm »

The game is odd

On one hand having the game be very Conservative means you can get away with almost anything you want. However it means that conservatives are everywhere.

While having it be very Liberal means the law will constantly be on your butt, but you won't be dealing with waves and waves of Conservatives.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 03:05:32 pm »

Well, the game actually becomes harder when society is Arch-Conservative. Keep in mind that the following problems:
*Police interrogations means that your people are more likely to break under pressure when arrested.
*If you are found guilty, you will get executed for any crime whatsoever, even if you are accused of loitering.
*Everyone carries guns. Everyone.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 03:09:08 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.