Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Race of Megabeasts: Archangels.  (Read 2491 times)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Race of Megabeasts: Archangels.
« on: August 31, 2009, 07:55:03 pm »

I want to add Archangels (in the raws of DIG DEEPER) as megabeasts to the game. Now, the thing is, I don't know how I'd go about doing this in a way that would be appealing. For example, I want them to be human sized, but that would take away a lot of their fighting power, so I'll up damblock instead.

Would adding an entity entry for a civ of Archangels allow me to arm them with weapons and armor? Also, if they have a civ, will they still attack fortresses?

Will they attack fortresses even if they have the [BENIGN] or [GOOD] tags?

Also, how do I ensure that they end up getting the worship of lesser, non-evil races? Do races only worship if the spheres align?

(More questions as I think of them. I'm new to modding.]

Come to think of it, I'd appreciate it if someone could direct me to a modding guide that could help me with these questions. The one in the wiki is inadequate.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Race of Megabeasts: Archangels.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 08:07:51 pm »

I believe if you give them an Entity they will no longer act like Megabeasts; i've accidentally turned Dragons into a civ once and i noticed that there were no Dragon megabeasts in ledgends.

Benign and Good refer to how the creatures act, Good means they can only appear in Good biomes, Benign means they will not attack Dwarfs first; they'll run away instead, but if Dwarfs attack them they will respond.

Races worship only when spheres align, so it's hit and miss if they get the worship of lesser non-evil races. You may also need to change the non-evil races to ANY_APPROPRIATE_POWER and give the Archangel the POWER tag, i could be wrong though.

The wiki guide on modding in many areas is inadequate because it hasn't been done yet. Try it and find out.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 08:10:28 pm »

Oh, okay, thanks. ;D

So there's no way to force them to have equipment?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 08:57:32 pm »

Nope, best you can do is give them equipment 'limbs', but those can be cut off.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 11:25:25 pm »

Darn.

Well, if I do use them as megabeasts, is there a tag that makes them attack in clusters? I remember someone made a hamster megabeast that did exactly that, though my memory is a bit fuzzy.

Keuran

• Bay Watcher
  • not made of spiders
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 11:27:32 pm »

It's [CLUSTER_NUMBER:MIN:MAX]

replace MIN and MAX with the minimum and maximum values respectively

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 11:33:12 pm »

Thanks. I already tried modding them in with an entity entry. During worldgen only one was generated (and got eaten by one of those damn orcs) so entity entries really don't work well with megabeasts at all.

Keuran

• Bay Watcher
  • not made of spiders
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 12:05:52 am »

It's too bad [POPULATION] doesn't work on megabeasts. The wiki says it's supposed to add a number of creatures each year, but when I set it to 20 on dragons it didn't make any more. It would be pretty cool having 150 dragons on the world map, attacking in clusters of 4.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 12:17:20 am »

Yeah, only Clusters work on megabeasts.

Actually i need to try a cluster size on goblins...

Keuran

• Bay Watcher
  • not made of spiders
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 12:32:12 am »

100 clustersize GCS. 'nuff said.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 12:42:40 am »

Been there, done that, got the horrible infected wound.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 02:29:48 am »

After mucking around a bit and testing the Archangels in adventure mode, I've determined that size 7 is too weak for an unarmed megabeast, no matter how high the DAMBLOCK is (set it to 100, still got murdered by orcs with crossbows).

I'm going to make them size 16 (same as Demons) monstrosities with wings and six extra bladed limbs, with the [IMMOLATE] tag and heaps of burn damage.

(wait, immolate only burns things directly under them, right?)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 08:28:56 am »

Yeah, Damblock works like armor; it is ignored for critical hits (piercing weapons are good at critical hits), that's why Size is so ownage; it is not ignored for critical hits. Doesn't matter how much you critical hit, if you're 10 sizes smaller than your target, you're still taking a -10 penalty to your damage.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2009, 08:48:42 am »

This is a cool idea. I may implement this in the mod eventually... Angels and Reapers... MEGABEASTS...
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 08:50:24 am »

This is a cool idea. I may implement this in the mod eventually... Angels and Reapers... MEGABEASTS...

It would be fun to see Archangels and Grim Reapers leading civs the way Demons do.
Pages: [1] 2