Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Race of Megabeasts: Archangels.  (Read 2492 times)

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
Re: Race of Megabeasts: Archangels.
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 09:26:22 am »

This is a cool idea. I may implement this in the mod eventually... Angels and Reapers... MEGABEASTS...

It would be fun to see Archangels and Grim Reapers leading civs the way Demons do.

Perhaps one day I shall see some drawings of them amongst other DIG DEEPER creatures that I could use on the front page  :P.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 09:27:50 am »

This is a cool idea. I may implement this in the mod eventually... Angels and Reapers... MEGABEASTS...

It would be fun to see Archangels and Grim Reapers leading civs the way Demons do.

Perhaps one day I shall see some drawings of them amongst other DIG DEEPER creatures that I could use on the front page  :P.

Heh.

They're coming soon, don't worry.

Actually, did you want those in headshot form or full-body? And still cutesy-style, right?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 09:30:54 am »

"I want to add Archangels (in the raws of DIG DEEPER) as megabeasts to the game. Now, the thing is, I don't know how I'd go about doing this in a way that would be appealing. For example, I want them to be human sized, but that would take away a lot of their fighting power, so I'll up damblock instead." Alright, to do this you just need to increase the DAMBLOCK and the amount of damage their attacks do. In terms of their carrying capacity, they'll have the same as a human's. In terms of opening a can of whoopass, they'll be a lot more capable.

"Would adding an entity entry for a civ of Archangels allow me to arm them with weapons and armor? Also, if they have a civ, will they still attack fortresses?" This won't work as you intend. Let me explain why: Basically, the civ creatures won't be [POWER] creatures really. They may well worship one of their own kind, however. The [POWER] being worshipped will probably not be armoured or clothed.

"Will they attack fortresses even if they have the [BENIGN] or [GOOD] tags?"  These tags are more to do with environment than behaviour. The Good token restricts them from appearing in Evil areas, and the Benign restricts them from appearing in savage areas. The nature of the creature itself is irrelevant.

"Also, how do I ensure that they end up getting the worship of lesser, non-evil races? Do races only worship if the spheres align?" This is correct, yes. But from what I can tell, the alignment only needs to be partial.

"Come to think of it, I'd appreciate it if someone could direct me to a modding guide that could help me with these questions. The one in the wiki is inadequate." I'm on IRC a lot. Come ask questions.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 09:39:41 am »

Hurrah, thanks Captain Mayday!

Well, I'd actually be okay with that if I could just make the Angels a civ and somehow make it so that they only worship Archangels, leading to a consistent theme across their civs.

I'll be sure to ask if I need any more advice.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 10:41:32 am »

I have another question, which I'll leave here.

How would I go about forcing a race to use a certain type of material for their weapons, armor, and such? Not merely [METAL_PREF], but something more specific. Is there a way?

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 10:45:26 am »

Sadly not.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 11:48:19 pm »

Well, that's a downer.

I'll just have to settle for giving them slashing wings.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 06:38:13 am »

Well, here's what I have so far.

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:ARCHANGEL]
[NAME:archangel:archangels:archangel]
[TILE:'A'][COLOR:3:0:1]
[MODVALUE:50]
[FANCIFUL][GOOD]
[GENPOWER:5]
[CANOPENDOORS]
             [trAPAVOID]
             [FLIER]
[PREFSTRING:sanctity]
[PREFSTRING:benevolence]
[PREFSTRING:power]
[ALL_ACTIVE]
[BODY:HUMANOID:TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH:4WINGS]
[SIZE:10][DAMBLOCK:100]
[ATTACK:MAIN:BYTOKEN:4WINGS:strike:strikes:1:6:SLASH][ATTACKFLAG_CANLATCH]
[ATTACK:SECOND:BYTYPE:GRASP:punch:punches:1:4:BURN][ATTACKFLAG_WITH]
[NO_DRINK][NO_EAT][NO_SLEEP]
[EQUIPS]
[FAT:3][NO_GENDER]
[ALL_ACTIVE]
[STANDARD_FLESH]
[HOMEOTHERM:10095]
[SWIMS_INNATE][SWIM_SPEED:2500]
[PERSONALITY:ANXIETY:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:DEPRESSION:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:SELF_CONSCIOUSNESS:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:VULNERABILITY:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:FRIENDLINESS:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:ASSERTIVENESS:100:100:100]
[PERSONALITY:CHEERFULNESS:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:TRUST:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:STRAIGHTFORWARDNESS:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:ALTRUISM:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:COOPERATION:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:SYMPATHY:0:0:0]
[SPHERE:FIRE]
[SPHERE:COURAGE]
[SPHERE:DAWN]

And the body part I added.

[BODY:4WINGS]
[BP:URWING:upper right wing][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][RIGHT][FLIER]
[BP:ULWING:upper left wing][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][LEFT][FLIER]
[BP:LRWING:lower right wing][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][RIGHT][FLIER]
[BP:LLWING:lower left wing][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][LEFT][FLIER]

I'm going to test it soon, just wondering if there's any modifications you guys suggest (like upping size or damblock or damage). Also on making it more unique, because right now it's just a tall genderless humanoid with four wings (like a Seraph, I guess).

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2009, 07:03:47 am »

for my angelic beings in Legendary Lands I removed their facial features and had all their senses route through their brain.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2009, 07:14:00 am »

That's pretty cool...

Wait, maybe I'll give the angel three eyes. I imagine them to be three red dots in a triangular pattern...

No mouth, though, and no ears. So the only facial feature they'll have is the eyes?

Actually I think I should remove the organs too, since they'd be odd to have in an angel-thing.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2009, 07:35:21 am »

Heh.

They're coming soon, don't worry.

Actually, did you want those in headshot form or full-body? And still cutesy-style, right?

Head-shots and cutesy please  ;D!
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2009, 08:35:50 am »

Give then an eyebeam attack!

Their native attacks also need to do way more damage; they're quite weak at the moment.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2009, 08:38:16 am »

Hehe, it's too bad I can't do that... I'll have to settle for the basic fire shot that SoF's use.

I tested one as an adventurer. The 4 slashing wings are absolute murder and the damblock is high enough that they're practically invulnerable to conventional weapons - especially considering that they can't be critted as easily by bolts or spears.

Let's see if I can give 'em an eyebeam...

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2009, 09:01:35 am »

Neruz you psycho. Eyebeams? What a silly, unimplementable-

What in the-

EYEBEAM!

These things will be funny in adventure and fort mode.

Thanks to The13thRonin for his awesome mod that inspired me to make my first modded creature, and to Captain Mayday and Keuran for their help.  ;D

Now to remove the entity tag and generate a world...

EDIT: also I should fix the phrasing of the eyebeam attack...

FURTHER EDIT: Also thanks to Neruz for that insane eyebeam idea.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 09:10:44 am by Vester »

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2009, 09:06:28 am »

Here's the finalized Archangel...

[CREATURE:ARCHANGEL]
[NAME:archangel:archangels:archangel]
[TILE:'A'][COLOR:3:0:1]
[MODVALUE:50]
[POWER][MEGABEAST]
[FREQUENCY:5]
[CANOPENDOORS]
[PREFSTRING:greatness]
[PREFSTRING:benevolence]
[PREFSTRING:power]
[ALL_ACTIVE][FEMALE]
[FIREIMMUNE]
[FLIER]
[TRAPAVOID][CAN_LEARN][CAN_SPEAK]
[BLOODTYPE:W]
[GOOD]
[BUILDINGDESTROYER:2]
[NOFEAR][NOEXERT][NOPAIN][NOBREATHE][NOBLEED][NONAUSEA]
[CANOPENDOORS] [BODY:HUMANOID:4WINGS:3EYES:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:3FINGERS:3TOES]
[SIZE:11][DAMBLOCK:100]
[ATTACK:MAIN:BYTOKEN:ULWING:swing, striking:swings, striking:1:9:SLASH][ATTACKFLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK:MAIN:BYTOKEN:URWING:swing, striking:swings, striking:1:9:SLASH][ATTACKFLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK:MAIN:BYTOKEN:LLWING:swing, striking:swings, striking:1:9:SLASH][ATTACKFLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK:MAIN:BYTOKEN:LRWING:swing, striking:swings, striking:1:9:SLASH][ATTACKFLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK:MAIN:BYTOKEN:CEYE:stare fearsomely, unleashing a shining beam that strikes:stares fearsomely, unleashing a shining beam that strikes:10:20:BURN]
[ATTACK:SECOND:BYTYPE:GRASP:strike:strikes:1:4:BURN][ATTACKFLAG_WITH]
[NO_DRINK][NO_EAT][NO_SLEEP]
[EQUIPS]
[FAT:3]
[ALL_ACTIVE]
[STANDARD_FLESH]
[HOMEOTHERM:10095]
[SWIMS_INNATE][SWIM_SPEED:2500]
[PERSONALITY:ANXIETY:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:DEPRESSION:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:SELF_CONSCIOUSNESS:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:VULNERABILITY:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:FRIENDLINESS:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:ASSERTIVENESS:100:100:100]
[PERSONALITY:CHEERFULNESS:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:TRUST:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:STRAIGHTFORWARDNESS:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:ALTRUISM:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:COOPERATION:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:SYMPATHY:0:0:0]
[BIOME:ANY_LAND]
[SPHERE:FIRE]
[SPHERE:DAWN]
[SPHERE:COURAGE]

EDIT:

Also, the rephrased SHINING BEAAAAAAAM attack.

It still seems awkward, though. What should I do with it?

EDIT 2:

Here's the final rephrase.

I was considering this, actually:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 10:17:38 am by Vester »
Pages: 1 [2]