Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28

Author Topic: Weirdo Mafia Round 1 Over! Day 3 Mafia Victory!  (Read 32904 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Weirdo Mafia Round 1! Day 1!
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2009, 01:45:06 pm »

I vote Org for being scum.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2009, 01:54:29 pm »

Well, he got the weird setting down right!

Jack_Bread, how do we know you aren't really Jack the Ripper in disguise?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2009, 02:05:26 pm »

Could everyone post their known role so we at least have some idea what's going on?  My known role is the Dishwasher.  He spends his time washing the dishes so is immune to day type abilities (so I guess he can't be day killed, day examined and any other weird things that might happen in the day phase).

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2009, 02:07:44 pm »

I know of the...

Miscreant Telepath - They can speak to someone with their mind, once each day and night.  They can PM Sir Josh with a name and a message, and he'll send it to that person anonymously.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2009, 02:27:22 pm »

I know about the Rule Changer, he gets to change the rules regarding ties twice per game. If a tie would result in a no-lynch, he can make it a double-lynch and vice versa. The change is permanent and persists after his death.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2009, 02:28:21 pm »

I know of the Word Bomber.

During the day, they can put a bomb on somebody. They've got a 3 word trigger that they set at the beginning of the game. When they say the 3-word phrase, all bombs detonate and kill the people who were bombed. Passive abilities don't trigger when a person gets set up us the bomb.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2009, 02:31:20 pm »

During the day, they can put a bomb on somebody. They've got a 3 word trigger that they set at the beginning of the game. When they say the 3-word phrase, all bombs detonate and kill the people who were bombed. Passive abilities don't trigger when a person gets set up us the bomb.

Heh, that's crazy.  I should have thought of that first.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2009, 02:32:37 pm »

Heh, that's crazy.  I should have thought of that first.

chaoticjosh just gave me a clarification, he plants the bombs during the night and detonates them during the day. My bad!
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2009, 02:33:57 pm »

I guess it's basically a day kill with added weirdness attached.  I suppose the 3 word phrase would have to be something that could come up a lot to avoid suspicion.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2009, 02:37:30 pm »

I know of the Tomato Thrower.  He or she throws tomatoes.  During the night they are compelled to go to someone's house and pelt them with tomatoes along with everyone that visits the house that night.  (And stay hidden).  Basically, I see it as a Reporter who can visit someone's house and make anyone who visits obvious.

Mr.Person, does the Word Bomber get to place one bomb per day (if you know that)?  And then set them all off at once with the key phrase?  That would be interesting.

Psuedo-edit:  So one bomb per night / next day, do they stick around if undetonated?

You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2009, 02:56:15 pm »

I know about 'Alexhans'

Apparently he is snobby and pompous! Once each game, if anyone has atleast a 50% lead in votes, he can immediately declare "HAMMER!" and the day will end. He must type "HAMMER!" in the thread for it to count.

Mephansteras, How do I know that you are not surrounded by Methalated spirit right now?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2009, 02:57:56 pm »

I know about 'Alexhans'

Apparently he is snobby and pompous! Once each game, if anyone has atleast a 50% lead in votes, he can immediately declare "HAMMER!" and the day will end. He must type "HAMMER!" in the thread for it to count.

Mephansteras, How do I know that you are not surrounded by Methalated spirit right now?

:-D

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2009, 03:04:57 pm »

I know about 'Alexhans'

Ok, first off, that Alexhans role is hilarious!

Secondly, I'm not surrounded by Methalated spirit because it's toxic and I really wouldn't want to poison myself. What would even make you think that? Are you some kind of Alien or something that thrives on the stuff? Or perhaps it is your...kryptonite!

Sadly, even if it is, I don't have any. Shame, it'd have been fun to test that on you.
Come play Mafia with us!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2009, 03:11:47 pm »

I wastrying to make a loke out of your name. It would appear to have failed.

Meph-ansteras
Meph-alated spirit.
Never mind, you've answered my question so: unvote

Pandarsenic! If you had some sort of NK role, who would you use it on and why?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2009, 03:15:22 pm »

I know about 'Alexhans'

That's a bit of a cheap shot, but I like it anyway.

I can't think of anything better to do than post a list of people who haven't posted here yet, and whether people have already revealed their known role.  Note that not having posted yet doesn't make them scum, but whatever.  So, um, here's the list.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You're guide to who to random vote for answers.  I'd make a table of roles, but noone's roleclaimed yet, so that would be a bit pointless.

So, Vector, what is your known role?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28