Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Talk #3: Your Questions!  (Read 57007 times)

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Talk #3: Your Questions!
« Reply #195 on: September 28, 2009, 03:51:07 pm »

The answer may be out there somewhere already, but anyway

With the new hospital and doctordwarves, will we see a chance of the dead dwarves to get an autopsy done on them? I'm mostly asking this because I want to know how my dwarves die, and just seeing a corpse somewhere with the message he died still makes what happened a mystery.

edit: Thanks Footkerchief, I knew that, I just temporarily forgot since this is going to be a very big new version, and there's just too many good things to remember.

Besides, I think I'll keep the question for the sake of the mental picture of Urist performing an autopsy on Urist, using an axe or sword.
"These deep cuts make me think he died from an axe to the chest!"
"No Urist, the axe to the chest was to see if his hearth was still working when he died."
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 08:19:00 pm by XSI »
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 28, 2009, 03:58:48 pm »

^^^ Not an answer, just some info: "corpses and severed body parts" retain information about wounds now, even after the creature dies.  So it's increasingly feasible.

Slogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 29, 2009, 02:21:03 pm »

Maybe this isn't quite the question for a show but

Any chance modders could get an advanced peek at the tokens and tags for custom workshops so we can start coding some up now?

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 29, 2009, 06:45:42 pm »

With the new randomly generated creatures, will their names also be randomly generated (ala kobold quest, maybe?), or they'll just be called amorphous round shelled ball of pus or something?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 06:56:52 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 29, 2009, 06:53:56 pm »

Will it be possible to strike up relations with the new Beastmen? Treating them as a race like the Goblins or Elves?

If so, will it be confined to worldgen as usual, or will there be a way to stave off their attack non-violently at all?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 29, 2009, 08:03:23 pm »

Will it be possible to strike up relations with the new Beastmen? Treating them as a race like the Goblins or Elves?

If so, will it be confined to worldgen as usual, or will there be a way to stave off their attack non-violently at all?

No, just like kobolds and goblins at times
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]