Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Talk #2: Feedback  (Read 41401 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Talk #2: Feedback
« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2009, 06:27:34 pm »

Transcript:
Rainseeker:   It's a ...
I do believe he said "a Mr. Clean commercial"..   It made me laugh.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

cooz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2009, 03:11:30 am »

Adding dates on Dwarf Fortress Talk page would be nice, so we know in future when it was recorded or... published.

Faces of Mu

• Bay Watcher
  • I once saw a baby ghost...but it was just a tissue
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2009, 05:02:17 am »

These were fantastic podcasts, Rainseeker'n'Captntastic! After hearing the great recording and interviewing quality, it made me really proud to be part of this community. In Oz we have a great show I've been getting into called Q&A, which centres around audience, email, twitter and webcam users submitting questions to political and intellectual panelists. This show is a great example of how citing the authors of questions and quoting them verbatim seems like an honourable and respectful thing to do. While I love to hear how comfortable the interviewers and Toady are with one another, I'm more interested in hearing Toady's responses to the great questions put forward to him. I don't mean disrespect to Rainseeker and Captntastic, but I actually mean respect to the audience and the purpose of the podcast.

Keep it up!

P.S. I am quietly amazed and paranoid at how easily cats get their owners to sing for them! My own tune is "Tirrem is a cat, and he's very, very fat. He is a fat cat, fatty cat cat!" It is both classy and eloquent as you can probably tell.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 05:14:51 am by Faces of Mu »

Faces of Mu

• Bay Watcher
  • I once saw a baby ghost...but it was just a tissue
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 14, 2009, 05:15:14 am »

BTW: What strikes a positive chord for me about Toady is his maturity. I've seen it before in the fairness of his forum moderation, but he really seems to have a strong and reasonable value base when it comes to game design (excepting his views on steam punk which are unexplained, but I agree with  ;) ). For example, his comments in the last podcast that magic should be less a means to productivity than a system that doesn't have consequences. In a decade where video gaming is being strongly judged by how bright and explosive the player can be in their environment, I really appreciate a design style that prefers mood and sentiment of the game world over power.
There's also the sense I'm getting that Toady doesn't feel people should be bagged out for the contributions and ideas they have here, like he has a belief in the individual's right to perspective.
Am I making sense to anyone?  ::)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 05:18:13 am by Faces of Mu »

pickupsticks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 15, 2009, 05:11:08 pm »

Just posting to say thank you to all involved for making this happen (including of course the question-writing-people).

I've listened to all of the various interviews and podcasts that have been made public on here - this was the first one that I'd read the transcript of before I found time to check out the audio!

Really looking forward to the next installment.

;D
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]