Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crafting Wooden Weapons  (Read 512 times)

Divinebeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crafting Wooden Weapons
« on: September 02, 2009, 01:39:31 am »

Please forgive me if this has already been addressed (I imagine it has but the search function yielded no usable results in 5 seconds), but could someone help me with making the ability to craft wooden weapons available to my dwarves?   It's much too frustrating relying on elves to bring me training weapons.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Crafting Wooden Weapons
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 02:53:45 am »

You can't.

Use Silver weapons instead, or, failing that, Copper weapons. Copper is only a shade better than Wood\Silver.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 09:13:35 am »

if you take out ALL metal prefs then you can get them but no metal
or you can make use a REACTION i.e.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 09:43:13 am »

Add [RANGED:SWORD:BLOWDART] to the weapon file, changing SWORD to the skill token of the weapon, and you will be able to craft them at bowyers workshops. You can remove the tokens after you've crafted them.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 11:52:19 am »

There is no way to craft them without becoming an elf.

You can create reactions or mark them as ranged weapons, but there is no non-hacking way to create wooden weapons.

Edit: If you really want to have your dwarves train with less lethal weaponry, have you considered modding the weapons they're sparring with to do 1 damage? Even a solid hit with a masterwork steel battle axe can be brushed off if axes only do 1 damage*.

Note: I've had spinal damage caused by 1 damage war hammers, it doesn't make the weapons non-threatening, just non-lethal.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 11:54:17 am by Grendus »
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325