Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Uzumaki - The Spiral Has Us  (Read 2565 times)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: Uzumaki - The Spiral Has Us
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 12:45:43 am »

What sort of acid? One melts faces, the other melts minds.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 12:47:01 am »

The other melts rock.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 12:55:56 am »

Yeah, shoggoths are huge blobs of corrosive protoplasm, and no, they're not very smart.  The Elder Things used them as construction equipment until they got tired of being pushed around and went crazy.

They're not that big though, although I suppose at least a few super-huge ones could be floating around under the ice sheets in Antarctica.
Shoes...

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2009, 01:01:16 am »

I'm looking at the size comparison chart in the CoC rulebook. They are five times the size of father dagon. Meep.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 02:04:58 am »

Like that visual novel where the shoggoth disguises itself as a little girl with a voracious sexual appetite(Whoa, little girl?  Voracious sexual appetite?  Haven't seen that before!!  You're really treading new ground, Japan!) makes me raeg.  A lot of things about the way Japan treats my favorite subjects makes me raeg.  Not everything needs to be a little girl.

lolwut? shoggoth rape?

I'm looking at the size comparison chart in the CoC rulebook. They are five times the size of father dagon. Meep.

meep is right. 5 times the size of father dagon?  :o

edit: a quick hit of wikipedia tells me that most shoggoths are 15 feet across when in spherical shape, but supposedly much larger ones existed. thats the one thing i both love and hate about the mythos. they have enough open ended stuff to make it mysterious and scary, but i want to know more stuff so badly.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 02:11:33 am by ousire »

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2009, 02:31:49 am »

It shows a deep one as being knee-high to dagon. The Shoggoth's mouth was big enough to hold three investigators easily.

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile
    • http://chupacabra
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2009, 12:36:25 pm »

I don't remember shoggoths being that big in the writings...
Is this some PnP or extended universe stuff?
Cannot find self-destruction button, could have sworn it's somewhere here...

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2009, 12:42:57 pm »

Yeah, shoggoths are huge blobs of corrosive protoplasm, and no, they're not very smart.  The Elder Things used them as construction equipment until they got tired of being pushed around and went crazy.

They're not that big though, although I suppose at least a few super-huge ones could be floating around under the ice sheets in Antarctica.

At the Mountains of Madness. The problem was the shoggoth mutated and became able to live on land and grew out of control. Anyways Shoggoth are basically protoplasm that can be telepathically control and used as a tool.  However, the few remaining have just fed and grown for a millennium. Also the old ones =/= Gods. They were an alien race. They fought Cthulhu and were forced out of the sea. I believe it's hinted that whatever is in the center of the valley, which drove that one man mad - is what killed them. Because the narrator talked about even the old ones didn't like going there.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2009, 02:37:36 pm »

Extended universe.  Everything spiralled out of control when Lovecraft died.  Now Hastur and Shub-Niggurath are dating or some garbage, Cthulhu has a daughter, the Outer Gods are associated with elements, all kinds of stupid stuff.  HP Lovecraft is doing cartwheels in his grave.
Shoes...

Manchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2009, 04:13:48 pm »

wow, this reminds me of the Godstalk trilogy by PC hodgell....

Jame and Marc went into the Anarchies,(in the book dark of the moon) following the last builders soul and eventually stumbled upon a pit of the rock eater thingies. which were deathly afraid of fire...they were used by the builders to dig tunnels and carve rock until the builders died out, in which they became wild again.....
There are two types of Christians:
Those that believe in God,

And those that suffer from retardation.

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile
    • http://chupacabra
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2009, 08:45:55 pm »

Extended universe.  Everything spiralled out of control when Lovecraft died.  Now Hastur and Shub-Niggurath are dating or some garbage, Cthulhu has a daughter, the Outer Gods are associated with elements, all kinds of stupid stuff.  HP Lovecraft is doing cartwheels in his grave.
Ah.
Then I suppose it just didn't happen.
Cannot find self-destruction button, could have sworn it's somewhere here...

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2009, 03:14:15 am »

Man, and here I got all excited thinking this was about fish cake.  I hate you people!
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2009, 10:44:13 am »

Hey, there are extended Mythos?  I only read the originals.  I liked them, a lot.  Especially the one with the fish dudes, I forgot what it was called though.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2009, 08:45:47 pm »

So like, if someone makes a Manga called Kamaboko will it fulfill some ancient prophecy or something?

Or maybe it'd just be a manga about an obnoxious orange jumpsuited kid ninja who runs around a modern yet quaint Japanese town fighting insane people infected with a virus.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 08:49:36 pm by Ioric Kittencuddler »
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!
Pages: 1 [2]