Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: LCS Community game - Chapter 5:The Bay of Pirates - Semi-weekly updates!  (Read 13626 times)

Peepshow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS Community game - Chapter 3: Events beyond my control
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2009, 01:48:00 pm »

You can add my founder's most trusted Liberal agent.
After becoming bored with his job as a psychologist in a C+ world Thor Fingleton looked for excitement. While sipping some scotch he thought "What could be more exciting than being part of the LCS!". From that moment Peepshow the professional gentleman thief was born. A man so skilled at seduction he can seduce any woman and turn any man gay. He likes to work alone breaking into anything that has a locked door and stealing anything not, and some things that are, bolted down. Not bad with a pistol.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
Re: LCS Community game - Chapter 3: Events beyond my control
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2009, 09:44:54 am »

I think that's a character I could use once I have time again this weekend.

EDIT: Head's up: School is taking more time than I expected. This project is on hiatus for now. There will be an update now and then, but no more daily chapters.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 08:52:30 am by Aldaris »
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
Re: LCS Community game - Chapter 3 - HIATUS D:
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2009, 10:52:50 am »

Is either of the sweatshop workers got anything in music? If so I'll take one, rename him Sid McFuzz
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2009, 01:03:35 pm »

Is either of the sweatshop workers got anything in music? If so I'll take one, rename him Sid McFuzz
Jun Gleaves has 2/11 music, but she's too important as a disguise maker to me. I also won't be sending her out of missions much. If you don't mind this I'll rename the old lady.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2009, 02:52:58 am »

yer thats ok  :P
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2009, 03:48:48 pm »

I'm always down for a LCS Community Game!

IRL, I'm in college.  So, make me a Gang Member ;)

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS Community game - Chapter 4:The second rise
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2009, 09:05:38 am »

Update!

Surprisingly, I have no gang members, so you'll have to wait.

Chapter 4: The second rise

And so, after a long wait: The trials.
Archie Youngblood, murder and assault, this was a very interesting case. Because our lawyer pansied out we had to use the court attorney, who was remarkably good while the prosecution was laughable. They failed to mention what Archie had been doing before the murder, let alone the things he did after. While our defence was somewhat liberal himself and some coercion made sure he twisted the whole story into tragic self defence. Not Guilty.

Mary Lewis, distribution of controlled substance and 13 counts of  vandalism. Again, we were forced to use the court attorney, this one provided lackluster arguments, we were forced to watch as the judges gave her 32 months.

Myself, 2 counts of aiding prison escape, racketeering, many counts of breaking and entering, and some more of theft. 3 former LCS members testified against me, traitors. I defended myself. I will not judge myself on my performance, but the final result did. Not Guilty. I'm back.

First order of business; Recruiting a sleeper lawyer and setting up a reliable income again. We now have the disguises to get entire squads into most places. Including the police station...

12jul09,
I recently found these files again, it is time to go back to updating them.
I managed to recruit a lawyer, and Jun Gleaves is set on recruiting a programmer, I can't blame him.
Days are busy, I don't have the time for details.

15jul09,
Today is a great day, after a blur of events we found out, animal rights laws are now at elite liberal! On to the next issue!

17jul09,
Inawarminister joined us today, he's eager to start recruiting people for the cause but first he's gonna have to get his juice up, and anyway, we need him to take a look at online opinion polls, we need that info.

20jul09,
Opinion polls are neutral, and people don't like the strict animal rights, damn.
Archie got arrested again, while we probably won't bust him out, we are going to influence the jury.. Meanwhile, inawarminister is knocking out conservative websites all over the place.

1aug09,
Roger stelling's trial:
Charged with distribution of a controlled substance.
He's a good persuader and he's probably better at law than the judges themselves, so he's defending himself.
With a moderate jury, we've got this case in the bag, and indeed. 'NOT GUILTY'

4aug09,
Roger Stelling and Barry villa are of to hospital, they decided to start playing guitar in the park and got shot up bad by an army veteran and a merc. We'll get our revenge on those.

12aug09,
Angel hoffmann got arrested again,

17aug09,
Our second kidnapping attempt will start today, we'll see how that goes. Jame advised us to go and get a sleeper at the radio station, I fully agree.

24aug09,
And it worked! We converted one of their security guards! We now have a decent map and I'm ready to try kidnapping a more important person.
26aug09,
Damn, the police bitch got away, let's try that again.

1sept09,
Congress:
Animal rights one down.
Flag burning one down,
And something vague to do with industry one down. Damn, we need a new president.

The interrogation is a lot harder with this one...

The trial of Mumtaz Tubman, Charged with loitering.
He's good at law and persuasion, so he's defending himself, with the liberal jury and the meagre prosecution we think we've won this one. - We did.

Archie youngblood, charged with distribution of a controlled substance, again.
This time, however, it's a lot worse. 31 months in prison.
Fuck.
Angel Hoffmann ratted us out.
Fuck.

7sep09,
The automaton has been enlightened, but it is too late, as he has been reported kidnapped. He'll be useful in a fight, though.
I got a call from jame saying that all safehouses in the industrial district were comprmised except for the shelter, evacuating everyone accordingly. We're spending the rest of the month earning money.

I said before prison that we would be back.
We're back.
To celebrate, Jun Gleaves changed her name to Sid McFuzz.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: LCS Community game - Chapter 4:The second rise - HIATUS D:
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2009, 12:09:05 pm »

Actually, as long as I don't play an Automation, make me whatever you want to recruit next.

Dancer maybe? :D

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS Community game - Chapter 5:The Bay of Pirates - HIATUS D:
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2009, 01:41:43 pm »

Chapter 5: The Bay of Pirates

01oct09
Conrad Barrow; 2 counts of felony assault, 2 counts of murder misdemeanor assault. Court attorney. Death penalty.
Fuck.

3oct09,
I have decided to set up a credit card fraud and website hacking team, I'm going to the internet cafe as I write this.
Also: Fucking lawyer.

7oct09,
Success!
Phoenix Wright the ace lawyer is on our side!

14oct09, Arthur's log.
We are making progress on our internet squad, unfortunately we have no secure base of operations for them as the Stone apartments are on the police list of suspicious structures, and the industrial hideouts are beacons for a raid.
On the other hand, I don't have the street cred to recruit any more people, so I'm going to do something about that.

15oct09, Arthur's log.
Ah, Michelle Cutlass, lab technician, soon-to-be liberal.

21oct09, Arthur's log.
The sleeper has been planted. Gina McLaughlin, a recent recruit, has been put to work on hacking, and, and Inawarminister has been switched to that as well, I'm hoping that together they can overcome most internet defences.

22oct09, Arthur's log.
I have decided my next target shall be a hanging judge. We must solidify our court defenses if we're going to set up a reliable source of income.

25oct09, Arthur's log.
Sandy Sealock it is.

1November09, Arthur's log.
The elections.
1 Up for pollution, 1 down for animal rights, 1 up for labour standards and one up for nuclear power.
Al in all, a liberal victory.

2November09, Arthur's log.
Mr. Sealock has been enlightened. He shall be providing some very interesting insights into the conservative corruption of the courts.
I am also sending out Minister to recruit another programmer.

10November09, Roger Stelling's log.
Arthur has decided to get us off the streets and let us put our music to use. We are now actively converting people with sound only. It's great to see people turn to the good side so quickly!
20November09, Arthur's log.
Oh dear, I never thought it was this bad.
Our hackers managed to crack the networks of a CIA dummy corporation, we found something extremely disturbing. A full version of Duke Nuke 'em Forever. We are shocked the conservatives have this much influence. We don't know what to do, we honestly don't. Putting this on the web would cause an outrage in our favour and an armed assault aimed at murdering us all. Selling it would do much the same...
On the bright side, I am now considered a Liberal Guardian, and after selling the loot of my many infiltrations into conservative lairs, it is time to use the media ourselves.

We are setting up a newspaper, and hacking is on hold for now as we gather funds.

1December09,
The newspaper is a success, we are publishing the corporate logs of the duke Nuke 'em incident, this should get the internet community on our side, after that, we're ready to go mainstream...

Peepshow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2009, 12:13:08 pm »

we found something extremely disturbing. A full version of Duke Nuke 'em Forever.

Classic.  ;D

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2009, 02:01:28 pm »

we found something extremely disturbing. A full version of Duke Nuke 'em Forever.

Classic.  ;D
Yes, I'm wondering now that the devlopers officially put it on hiatus if it's actually done now, or if they'll be saying it's just around the corner again in a few years. This version of the events makes a morbid kind of sense.
(Conspiracy theory time!)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2009, 02:47:51 pm »

DNF has indeed been cancelled.  Here's the list of other things that have been done in the 12 years they spent failing to make it.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2009, 03:07:43 am »

DNF has indeed been cancelled.  Here's the list of other things that have been done in the 12 years they spent failing to make it.
I know that list, but I'm just wondering if they'll un-cancel it in a few years.
Thre is also a list of what has been achieved since the list you linked was made. I'm waiting for the one listing what has been achieved since that list was made.

Xavior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2009, 09:54:07 am »

Harr :D Superior
I'd like to be one of your Programmers! Name - Gemini

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS Community game - Chapter 5:The Bay of Pirates - Semi-weekly updates!
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2009, 08:45:29 am »

ANOUNCEMENT:
I'll be spending next week in England without an internet connection, I'm moving my copy of LCS to my laptop, along with copies of the storyline posts so far. I'll start updating on an actual schedule once I get back.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4