Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Irony's a bitch.  (Read 7888 times)

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Irony's a bitch.
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 09:34:09 pm »

turn down the fps cap

Volfram

• Bay Watcher
  • hate you all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 10:16:38 pm »

Also, most RTS games don't pause any time you want and do stuff.  DF is more like what The Sims wants to be when it grows up shrinks down grows UP.

fix'd
When's the last time you build a fortress overhanging a cliff over which you tossed precisely one-hundred fifty seven cats and seven stalwart dwarves to their deaths in The Sims?

I stand by my ridiculously absurd claim.
Andir and Roxorius "should" die.

Yes, actually, I am trying to get myself banned.  I wish Toady would quit working on this worthless piece of junk and go back to teaching math.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 02:19:56 am »

In a word, ironic

I am not sure it counts since he was working towards something and just remembered that he doesn't like it.

Not so much Ironic as unfortunate.

Like saving up money for an expencive cake, buying strawberry, and then remembering you don't like that flavor. It isn't Ironic.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 02:21:32 am by Neonivek »

Thndr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2009, 03:41:51 am »

The irony is he saved up money for the cake, bought it, found out about the cake, but during the time he was saving up money for the cake, he praised the cake and said that the cake is so goddamn awesome and advertised the cake

Then he tasted the cake and didn't like it.

Also: What attracted you to the idea of Dwarf Fortress to begin with? The ideal game you thought it was could be attained now, or could very well be the future. This cake doesn't have to be a cake you don't like. It could be a cake that you take small slices from and eat rarely, like most very expensive desserts. (Seriously, some expensive cakes could probably give someone Space Diabetes -everything is more dangerous in/from space- due to the immense amount of chocolate, the types of chocolate, and even the colors of chocolate it has in it, and thats not counting the sugar.)

There is a specific reason you wanted to play DF. It's the reason why you wanted to try it and the reason you stuck around so long.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 03:45:44 am by Thndr »

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 10:01:54 am »

dwarf fortress is everything and anything

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2009, 10:23:11 am »

the cake is a lie

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2009, 02:03:22 pm »

the cake is a lie

Oddly enough when people use Fonts smaller then standard it gets cut off near the bottom on my screen.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2009, 02:07:57 pm »

It's the 'sub' tag... Mostly I was being a jackass and screwing with the tags and got something that I thought was pretty cool.

abcd_z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Irony's a bitch.
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2009, 03:54:28 pm »

In answer to your question, what interested me was the idea of creating a fort in Dwarf mode and then exploring it in adventure more.

I'm trying it again.  Maybe it'll grow on me.

Regarding irony: whether or not the situation actually is ironic, I really should have known better than to use the term on a discussion forum.  Mostly because of the debate it spawns.

"You remember that song? 'Isn't it ironic?'"  "No, It's not!  Ask me another!" -Ed Byrne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT1TVSTkAXg
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 05:35:21 pm by abcd_z »
Pages: 1 [2]