Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Immortal Dragons Mod  (Read 15658 times)

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Immortal Dragons Mod
« on: September 03, 2009, 04:07:55 pm »

THIS MOD IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED, DO NOT EXPECT ANY UPDATES

If you feel you need a more powerful dragon that so far hasn't even been injured, here it is.
Feel free to give it a different name, I named it the Sun Dragon for some odd reason. It now has a poison that will disable/kill any enemy it meets.
Thanks to MC Dirty, I found out [DRAGONFIREBREATH] and [FIREBREATH] still work when both are used, it is awesomeness. And also thank you Akhier, I should have said thanks before, but I forgot. Akhier did the nice thing of posting them on the download thing.

Download Here!

Currently it cannot be killed by anything, but it can only be held off by a Grand Master skilled goblin in every skill the arena lets them have. Adamantine armor is necessary, or they will be crushed. As I said before, you can rename them. If you want all three dragons you will have to rename them. Opinions are appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 09:47:48 pm by Daywalkah »
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: Immortal Dragons Mod
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 04:58:36 pm »

Hmmm... why did you give 'em vermin hunter?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 05:24:35 pm »

No cats, fire snakes lit meh food on fire so I used my dragons. Do the megabeast dragons have that? They are not supposed to.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 05:26:49 pm »

Well, it does tie in to the fact that personality-wise, dragons are nothing more than gigantic, scaly, firebreathing cats.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 05:36:46 pm »

That is true. An update on the dragon, it can be injured, but not killed by the dreaded Skeletal Unicorn.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 06:47:41 pm »

I think you want to have [DRAGONFIREBREATH] instead of [FIREBREATH]. [FIREBREATH] just makes them throw fireballs like Fire Imps and SoFs, whereas [DRAGONFIREBREATH] makes them breathe fire in a cone.
I have no idea what would happen if you would give them both, but it would certainly be funny.
Also, this thing is way too powerful. If it appears on your map, you're basically screwed. The normal dragon's bite attack is [1:6] and it's [SIZE:20]. Granted, it doesn't kill instantely, but the total damage is calculated by the damage and the size. [3000:5500] is ridiculous, as is [SPEED:100]. Whenever a normal, uninjured dwarf takes one step, the dragon takes ten steps.
[COMMON_DOMESTIC] is hilarious. You can buy a dragon on embark (well, you don't have enough starting points, but oh, well) and you'll never need a military or a trap system. Doesn't [COMMON_DOMESTIC] make it possible to buy the sun dragon from caravans? That would be awesome. The problem is that the second version of the dragon makes it a non-megabeast, randomly appearing if you're on mountain map. In other words: Dig in the mountain. FASTER! Seal the entrance and never go out again. EVER!

Edit: Thank Armok this thing doesn't have [trAPAVOID] and [BUILDINGDESTROYER:2]!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 06:49:47 pm by MC Dirty »

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 06:54:21 pm »

Lol, the stats are so high because they were originally a guard dragon. And you gave me ideas with building destroyer and trapavoid. I will make them as close to a normal dragon without sacrificing its almost immortality. Please post what stats you think would be good to have on the dragon. I will tryout the [DRAGONFIREBREATH] and [FIREBREATH] at the same time. And yes, you can trade for them from merchants. They have [BUILDINGDESTROYER:2] now. Congrats, you jinxed yourself  :P. Personally, I like [FIREBREATH] since the dragons attacking Unicorns in close combat can damage it pretty good, but then again, my Unicorns have attacks that have damage 10:60...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 06:41:13 pm by dragon1423 »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 07:00:15 pm »

You may want to put
Code: [Select]
tags around that data.  Some tags will have the first few letters show up as lowercase when posted on the forum outside of
tags.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 07:09:30 pm »

Ah yes, I forgot about that letter issue. Thank you LegoLord.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 07:16:58 pm »

*Urist mcstupid pokes his head out the window*

*Urist mcsmart stands behind him.*

"Hey Urist is it still there?"

*Urist mcstupid pulls his head back in, his beutiful beard gone along with all his hair. He enstinguishes a hair on his head...*" yep."

*wall crashes in on them both as a creature to large to physically fit on the world rampages through the area.*
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 07:27:44 pm »

Lol rofl, I tested the [DRAGONFIREBREATH] and [FIREBREATH] together and.....OMG.
[DRAGONFIREBREATH] and [FIREBREATH] together=awesomeness and forest fires. I'll tell you what happened. I embarked with 4 of the dragons, and sent a recruit and a dragon out to kill the skeletal unicorns. The recruit ran and died, while the dragon attacked and was later killed because of a spinal injury (forgot to remove spine, they're not so immortal now though...). The 3 other dragons were angry, EXTREMELY, ANGRY. They ran up to the unicorns throwing fireballs, then all of a sudden, I see them breathing fire all over the place!
The unicorns just stood there, rethinking their life, rethinking why they killed the dragon that led to so many bad things happening that they rethought their life. In other words, it was awesomeness. Thank you MC Dirty, I will mention you and your idea at the top of this thread.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 07:48:37 pm »

Sorry for double post, I have discovered something interesting, a damblock like this:[DAMBLOCK:2500:2500] actually works. My dragons are immortal again! Has anyone added the dragon in yet? And mission0, how do you have a link like it is in your signature?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 08:02:39 pm by dragon1423 »

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 08:23:44 pm »

I will never use the dragon or your buffed unicorns because dwarves are useless when the enemies are so strong. Every dwarf will be more like a Pokémon Trainer than a warrior in the sense that he himself is completely useless in battles, but he is the master of some powerful monsters.
And mission0, how do you have a link like it is in your signature?
Like so:
[url=http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41381.msg743119#msg743119]Immortal Dragons Mod[/url]

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 08:29:26 pm »

Thanks, and what do you recommend I change the stats to? In example: [SPEED:1000]
[DAMBLOCK:25] etc. You'd be surprised what a competent military marksdwarf can do with a good weapon. My marksdwarf  took down one of these dragons surprisingly(though using A LOT of ammo and he was in a bunker).

EDIT:

THE GREAT SUN DRAGON HAS FALLEN! A seriously messed up Titan strangled it. It never stood a chance...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 08:49:27 pm by dragon1423 »

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 08:48:49 pm »

Thanks, and what do you recommend I change the stats to? In example: [SPEED:1000]
[DAMBLOCK:25] etc.
Well, I advise you to look at other megabeast stats. For example, the Bronze Colossus has a damblock of 8 and is, as far as I know, the most annoying megabeast. 25 or 30 should be good. Speed should be lower than 1000. He can fly and should be faster than an elf who has [SPEED:700]. A speed value of 400 (or 300, if you dare) should be deadly enough. Genpower can be removed, it's not used anymore. [SIZE:50] is incredibly giant, but okay, I guess. Set it to [SIZE:40], so it'll be twice as big as a normal dragon.
Now about the attack... With [SIZE:40], basically everything is ridiculously powerful. I would say 5:10 (which is much more powerful than any vanilla attack), but if you want, you could buff it up to 10:15. I have no idea how powerful that exactly is, but compared to vanilla DF, this dragon is the avatar of Armok. But then, you should definitely nerf your other custom creatures. Unicorns with [10:60] is much to powerful.
Also, you should definitely add some spheres to it. With the "POWER"-token it can be worshipped by any entity with "RELIGION:ANY_APPROPRIATE_POWER", for example gobbos. Appropiate spheres should be:
[SPHERE:FIRE]
[SPHERE:SUN]
[SPHERE:PREGNANCY] (lol)
Look here for a list of spheres.

You can make it even more dangerous by adding [CAN_LEARN]. Then, it can actually gain experience and become faster, better and all in all more badass than ever!

Edit: Wow, what stats does your titan have? O_o You shouldn't compare modded creatures to other modded creatures because it's always possible to make it even more powerful. Except when you do a Total Conversion, but I doubt that you do such a thing.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 08:54:40 pm by MC Dirty »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4