Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d11] Goblin not bleeding?  (Read 3349 times)

OneRaven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d11] Goblin not bleeding?
« on: September 03, 2009, 08:57:00 pm »

My chained wardog caught a goblin thief trying to sneak into my fortress, and immediately ripped her left leg off. The goblin staggered away from the dog, passed out, and has been alternating between crawling away and passing out for the last 4 in game days. The weird thing is that, apart from the tile in which the leg was ripped off, there is no blood. Why wouldn't the goblin bleed out?
Messing with hardcoded stuff is playing with fire. And we all know how dwarves react to fire.

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
Re: [40d11] Goblin not bleeding?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 02:06:56 pm »

Currently, all wounds (even severed limbs) will stop bleeding even without medical attention. They will also never get any less painful. It is possible that your goblin friend got her leg bit off, passed out, bled as much as she was going to bleed into her own tile, stopped bleeding, woke up, then continued to stumble around your fortress in an agonizing form of narcolepsy. Both of these issues are going to be addressed in the next version. Until then, I recommend you either deploy your military to finish off the goblin, or give her an amusing nickname. I would go with Sleepy McStumpleton.
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 03:27:23 pm »

Goblin Thief cancels rest:  Interrupted by war dog             X4115
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 07:09:23 pm »

Goblin Thief cancels rest:  Interrupted by war dog             X4115

Huh, yeah, didn't that cancels-rest-spam bug also involve a conspicuous lack of bleeding?  Ah, here it is.  In that one, an injured dwarf spams "cancels rest" until the bed is removed, at which point he bleeds all over the place and dies.

CursedBurger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 09:17:33 pm »

I had a similar problem as the thread posted above, except that when I killed the offending orc, the dwarf bled out immediately (actually, 5 frames later, and with a lot of blood).

Perhaps you might want to see if slaughtering the war dog will also kill the thief.