Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Fall Of Summitkey year 205.  (Read 1982 times)

Srath47

• Bay Watcher
  • No Pain No Gain
    • View Profile
The Fall Of Summitkey year 205.
« on: September 20, 2009, 08:01:31 pm »

In the mountain home, Summitkey the mighty dwarf fortress stood for 5 proud great years in the high mountains. the Humans in there ignorance once waged war upon us, we lost only one stout dwarf do to this interaction while slaughtering 12 of there lowly kind. Little did we know that our mining in the deep mines would be our own doom. In late spring. 28th felsite, while the deep mines were working on searching for the most valuable gems in these great mountains provide for us, That day... we found the cave.... The cave with walls of adamantite.. the cave of darkness that would end our world withing a days time. Our own tunnels became our mazes of dread and doom. The daemons seemed to come out of the walls of the cursed mine itself. we had no time to escape our doom with every turn of a tunnel there was a daemon waiting to slaughter whom ever was in the area. I Fikod Zulbanam Champion Marksdwarf, am the only of my people left.  I had a wife and four children. The dwarfs pushed the daemons back for bit a second and i was dragged back up to my bedroom. I write these things to tell you our tell, i doubt that these writings will ever leave this cursed mountains.. I hear the screams of dwarfs getting louder and closer.... The Daemons are coming.. Fikod..

Ok im not a good writer at all but i hope you enjoyed it anyways, i've been playing DF for awhile now, and never ran into adamantite till today. and it was my end, how ever i really really enjoy this game, my fort was 51 dwarfs strong when it happened. so its time to start a new mountain home! Thanks for reading! Cheers.
"BEHOLD, FOR ARMOK BREATHED LIFE INTO THE VERY ROCKS IN THE RIVERS AND COMMANDED THEM TO GO FORTH AND MUTILATE RANDOM PASSERS BY."

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: The Fall Of Summitkey year 205.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 09:41:23 pm »

Nice, but I'd recommend putting "SPOILER!!!" in the title, for this is a spoiler.

I remember my first
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
invasion.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG