Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Monthly Intelligence Report  (Read 2508 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Monthly Intelligence Report
« on: December 11, 2009, 03:24:21 am »

If there was a monthly intelligence report presented to the leader of the LCS, what would you want to be contained?

Already on the list of what would be there is a sense of the political trends on each issue over the last month. It would reveal how effective your writers, graffiti, and other subtle actions are being.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monthly Intelligence Report
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 04:52:37 am »

If there was a monthly intelligence report presented to the leader of the LCS, what would you want to be contained?

I would want it presented as several categories of information, each with their own screen accessible by tabs, and if possible, presented to fit in one screen without scrolling.

Finance:
Similar to the current end of month report

Recruits:
 * Lists current total number of LCS membership
 * Gives a breakdown of number of recruits by juice level
 * Gives a breakdown of number of recruits by each function...guessing function by their highest skill total (5 combatants, 3 writers, 1 re-educator, etc.)
 * Lists the previous months casualties
 * Lists total number of recruits over the lifetime of the game
 * Lists total number of casualities over the lifetime of the game

Training:
 * Lists total skill gains as a raw total of all recruit skill increases.
 * Similarly lists total juice gains
 * Lists names of highest-skill members in each category

Issues:
 * Lists amount of change in popular opinion for each issue over the month

Site Actions:
 * Lists total number of site actions per location
 * Lists total number of rounds of ammunition fired
 * Total number of locks picked out of how many attempted
 * Total number of animals freed
 * Total number of juries manipulated
 * Total number of times red button pressed
 * (Total number of all other similar site actions: items stolen, people seduced, invited to talk, etc.)
 * Lists total number of LCS casualties
 * Lists total number of casualties with a breakdown by political outlook (37 conservatives, 2 moderates, zero liberals)
 * Lists total number of casualties with a breakdown by profession (22 police officers, 2 lawyers, etc.)
 * Information should be available both month-to-date as well as game-to-date

monthly intelligence report

Might be nice to have the above available at anytime via a keypress, similar to the "L"iberal agenda screen. No need to have it only shown at the end of each month. Monthly totals could be listed as month-to-date.

Disaster!

• Bay Watcher
  • Criminal Scum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 11:40:23 am »

Presented in LordBucket format

Sleepers:
* Lists current number of sleepers broken down by current activity
* Breakdown of number of recruits per field of expertise (justice system, business, etc.)
* Report of number of sleepers recruited, brainwashed re-educated and discovered
* Report on the success of sleeper actions (recruitment, items stolen)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 11:42:56 am by Disaster! »
At some time in the future, the civilisation generator will acheive the complexity for self-awareness and independent thought.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 02:46:12 pm »

What if we could set sleepers/recruits to observe the CCS, and get an estimate of their strength?

At the very least, it should contain the number of active CCS safehouses (the player should be able to determine this on their own [CCS starts with 3], but it would be a nice reminder, and things get confusing when the CCS raids LCS safehouses).

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 11:05:38 pm »

Already on the list of what would be there is a sense of the political trends on each issue over the last month. It would reveal how effective your writers, graffiti, and other subtle actions are being.

This plus funds (as is currently) and personel (number of active, number of sleepers, number of wounded, recruits and lost).  Maybe a list of LCS and CCS raids too.  But excessive infodumps are just going to be ignored by the player.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 11:06:36 pm »

This is the most important thing right here, I think: Feedback on how your actions are actually affecting things.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 01:06:06 am »

i would vote for something simple like the public mood and a slightly more detailed finance report

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 01:10:19 am »

Also, if the Conservative Crime Squad is active, what they've been up to in recent weeks, and a vague notion of people's thoughts about them and their effectiveness.  And yours for that matter.  Like a newspaper.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 06:36:24 am »

How does the liberal action of Online Polling work with this monthly report?  Since people seem to be asking for online polling stuff to be on the monthly report...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 06:55:47 am »

Frankly, if a monthly issue tracking system was done well enough, and the last report could be referenced from somewhere (like the Liberal Agenda screen), I wouldn't be opposed to removing the online polling option entirely.