Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Liberal Community Squad  (Read 1998 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Liberal Community Squad
« on: December 12, 2009, 07:14:49 pm »

I felt like doing a community game in the sense of you give me your name and I send you to your valiant death in the name of liberalism!  So sign on up!

Game type is We Didn't Start the Fire and Nightmare mode.

Spoiler: Liberal Registration (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Liberal Ranks (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 11:08:01 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: Liberal Community Squad
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 07:25:37 pm »

Code Name: Jonathan S. Fox
Biological Gender: (any)
Liberal Gender: Male
Approximate Age: (any)
Career: Programmer
Liberal role: Credit Card Fraud or Hacking, depending on skill and how badly we need money
Suggestions for the Liberal Revolution: The CCS is our most immediate threat. Install tank traps around our major safehouses to protect against car bombings, and hire a prostitute to work on seducing some agents to protect against raids.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 09:14:52 pm »

Fred Miller is now Robert Redding's unconditional love slave.

In what capacity will Janathan Fox best serve the Liberal cause?
-Come to Marsden Apartments as a regular member?
-Stay at Ministry of Love as a sleeper agent?

Some sort of bug with the sleeper system.  Welcome to the squad, Justin Tomez!

Reddings Blog:

January 12th:
Damn, that was a close call. 

It started when Jonathan convinced Reg and I that we should hire some prostitutes.  Uh, not like that.  Hire them for the cause.  The cause?  Well, let's just say that we've come to realize a few things, being together, and wanted to set out to change them.  But about the hookers.  They always hang around them swanky apartments so that's where we went.  But it didn't turn out too well, half of them were too crazy from the drugs the ministry of love has 'em hooked on and the other half thought we were crazy.  Then that someone's fingering went wandering and next thing went south fast.  People started screaming the guns came out and some bastard tried to shoot me twice.  Thank statistics that his aim sucked but he nicked me twice.  I tell ya, there's too many guns in this country.

Reg has a different idea now.  Says he knows a crowd that we should reach out to.  Might be worth it, Reg seems like quite the revolutionary these days.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 10:10:31 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 10:31:38 pm »

Dangit. Well, maybe we should surf the homeless shelter or crack houses for recruits. Or just stick with hippies and college students.

What was your last choice for the insight into a revolution? (Edit: Just realized I could check by looking at your founder's career, so you picked C, college classes.)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 10:59:44 pm »

Redding's very secret blog

Jan 26:
Things have changed.

We did what we originally planned.  We made contact with Reg's crowd and they even put us in touch with a couple of hookers for Jon.  But what we've learned changed everything.

The people Reg knew, they ain't even proper people anymore.  Not living in so much pollution.  They've been mutated, turning into stuff that wasn't right.  Kids with no eyes.  Old ladies with claws for hands.  There musta been hundreds of these people, poor souls got shafted by the world and forgotten about.  All this time living in the same city with them and we never knew.

I asked Reg why he'd never done anything about this and he just laughed, asked who cared about mutants like him, then brushed away his bangs to reveal an eye smack dab in the middle of his forehead.  I'd known the guy three weeks and hadn't known...

A couple days later, Jon and one of the hookers showed up with a young girl in tow, broken chain's still on her wrist.  The hooker's cousin or neice or something.  Apparently there's a lot of kids like that still out there.

There's so much of the world that we'd rather ignore or just never even know about.  Too much of the world.  There ain't no space left for folks to act decent.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 11:34:06 pm »

Jon asked Dianne if she thought she could seduce one of the agents from the ministry of love.  She just sighed, sayin' she'd tried in the past, but apparently them boys just weren't interested in gettin' laid.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 11:37:40 pm »

(I'm only doing this to actually see a game that can beat it actually beat it.)
Codename: Michael Smith
Biological Gender: Male
Liberal Gender: Male
Approximate Age: Twenties or Thirties
Career: Professional Thief/Gang Member
Liberal Role: Music and Riflery
Suggestions for the Liberal Revolution: Get a steady cash flow and some Gang Members for improvised body guards.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 12:02:02 am »

Codename: Grandpa (or Grandma, whichever more appropriate)
Biological Gender: (any)
Liberal Gender: (default)
Approximate Age: Old
Career: Retired
Liberal role: Crazy Driver?
Suggestions for the Liberal Revolution: Arm yourself for the liberal revolution!  Heavy blunt objects for everyone!  We will show them reds what for!  (The more senile the better...)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 12:29:25 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation