Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31

Author Topic: LCS 4.00.5a Download - Now With 100% More Classic Mode  (Read 72961 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.00.5a Download - Now With 100% More Classic Mode
« Reply #240 on: September 12, 2009, 01:44:55 pm »

I'm glad that was an easy fix.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 12, 2009, 01:45:30 pm »

C++ is lenient to a fault

Stroustrup's classic formulation: "C makes it easy for you to shoot yourself in the foot.  C++ makes that harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg."

XD  Oh you, that's a funny quote.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #242 on: September 12, 2009, 01:51:39 pm »

C++ is lenient to a fault

Stroustrup's classic formulation: "C makes it easy for you to shoot yourself in the foot.  C++ makes that harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg."
:D
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #243 on: September 12, 2009, 03:22:13 pm »

Just asking because you've been putting out new versions VERY quickly in the last few days: Can we expect a new release anytime soon or would this be a good time to start a new game?

Missed this with my last reply:

I'd say go ahead and start a new game. Classes have started up and I have several things I'm working on now. If the next release comes soon, it won't break save compatibility, because it'll be small stuff. If it does break save compatibility, it'll take awhile.

Gimmick Account

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 12, 2009, 06:33:06 pm »

Alright, so I did start up another game just now and came across some weird game behaviour right at the beginning.

After blowing my cover, I was attacked by an unarmed conservative. I didn't want any crimes on my founder yet, so I thought I'd defeat this guy through counterattacks exclusively.

I'm posting here because that didn't work. Characters will only use their martial arts ability to counterattack if they have already previously used it to attack. This is a bug, not a feature, right?

On a somewhat related note, if my safehouse is being attacked by non-governmental forces, my operatives should not get assaults/murders on their rap sheets for their acts of self-defense.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 12, 2009, 06:36:03 pm »

On a somewhat related note, if my safehouse is being attacked by non-governmental forces, my operatives should not get assaults/murders on their rap sheets for their acts of self-defense.
In real life, yes.  On Planet LCS, no.  After all, this is the land where all police are arch conservative scumbags, and everyone in power really is conspiring against Liberals.

Gimmick Account

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 12, 2009, 06:51:24 pm »

In real life, yes.  On Planet LCS, no.  After all, this is the land where all police are arch conservative scumbags, and everyone in power really is conspiring against Liberals.

Oh yes, I know that. I thought the conservative plan of action was a deliberate failure to notice or investigate those assaults, in the hope that one of them will eventually succeed. But actually charging the defending liberals with murder in such a case would amount to an acknowledgment of the incidents. I thought Planet LCS conservatives were all about rules and regulations, in a very 'Lawful Evil' kind of way?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 12, 2009, 08:30:48 pm »

I'm posting here because that didn't work. Characters will only use their martial arts ability to counterattack if they have already previously used it to attack. This is a bug, not a feature, right?

Yes, though I'm baffled as to why that would be. Did you test enough to be sure you weren't just unlucky? If they only fail their attack roll by a little, you won't get to counter.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 12, 2009, 08:35:34 pm »

While it might be obvious for YOU, it may not be that obvious to the Conservative Police Force who arrive just a little too late to see what happens. Keep in might that Hicks, Corporate Mercs, and other non-government organizations would operate some sort of Guardian in which they claim that they were the ones fighting in self-defense too, and would likely present their case on a AM Radio talk show. The police could get tired of the partisan bickering and decide to just slap murder charges on both factions, letting the Jury handle it. "Execute them all, it's the only way to be sure."

Your sleeper lawyer would tell the jury that you were fighting in self-defense, and thus get acquitted.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 12, 2009, 08:45:02 pm »

The attacks are pretty below the radar, actually. Raids on the LCS other than police ones don't make the news, except when you surrender and police find a bunch of bodies.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 12, 2009, 11:07:08 pm »

Oh.

Then I second the "self-defense" thing. I do like to know how many crimes my guys have committed though, even if those crimes won't be counted on the RAP sheet.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Gimmick Account

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 12, 2009, 11:48:55 pm »

Yes, though I'm baffled as to why that would be. Did you test enough to be sure you weren't just unlucky? If they only fail their attack roll by a little, you won't get to counter.

Just to be completely sure, I tried it again with several different enemies in several different situations. It's definitely not a coincidence or fluke, pressing 'wait' instead of attacking will deactivate counterattacks for that turn. I hope that helps.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 13, 2009, 02:50:49 am »

I got an opinion poll message "The people are most concerned about the CCS terrorists" in classic mode. This is a bug right? Or does classic mode mean that they're still there but act very covertly? :)

EDIT: Another bug that REALLY affects gameplay is that your members may get wanted for murder for situations where the murderer was an ex-conservative converted by guitars and not a squad member. Happened to me with by security guards shooting at each other while my hippies were playing guitar at them. The conservative one died, and my people got wanted.

FURTHER EDIT: Also had the sole defender of my homeless shelter clone to fill all slots during a corporate mercenary raid. When one of them was hit, everyone took damage (voodoo clones?) and the siege wasn't resolved upon their defeat.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 07:48:59 am by Kay12 »
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 13, 2009, 10:57:39 am »

I got an opinion poll message "The people are most concerned about the CCS terrorists" in classic mode. This is a bug right? Or does classic mode mean that they're still there but act very covertly?
If the CCS don't exist, it becomes necessary to invent them.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 13, 2009, 12:09:33 pm »

Makes sense ^^.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31