Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31

Author Topic: LCS 4.00.5a Download - Now With 100% More Classic Mode  (Read 72911 times)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.00.5a Download - Now With 100% More Classic Mode
« Reply #285 on: September 19, 2009, 01:35:08 pm »

I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Sigged. In any case, Yeah, nightmare mode's fun. Extremely hard, but fun.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 19, 2009, 03:04:11 pm »

Eh, I like to start small and build up a few people before getting into the whole murdering business.  Keeping heat down is easy enough.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 19, 2009, 04:11:14 pm »

Well, you're pretty unlikely to ever meet the CCS is nightmare mode, unless you've gone on dozens of rampages or have somehow got society all the way to Liberal without disbanding.  In "We didn't start the fire" mode, on the other hand...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 19, 2009, 04:22:49 pm »

Well, you're pretty unlikely to ever meet the CCS is nightmare mode, unless you've gone on dozens of rampages or have somehow got society all the way to Liberal without disbanding.  In "We didn't start the fire" mode, on the other hand...
Eh, for the long haul.  I don't plan on the sleeper army tactic.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 20, 2009, 01:18:03 am »

Sieges are bugged...AKA, you can't have them.

I had an old factory with a printing press, business front, fortifications, and food.  But, I couldn't hold out on the siege, was forced to fight or give up.

Could be because the only Liberal there had no crimes outstanding.

Also, instead of "press the red button, and nuclear waste is released", we have: "Press the Red Button, and nuclear waste isn't released?"  After all, what else would you expect the Conservatives would be doing at the Nuclear Waste Storage facility.

The Red Button could also just be tied into the Public Alarm system.  No matter if you have a working plant or a storage facility, that'll scare everyone, and take several hours before the authorities know that nothing has actually gone wrong.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 20, 2009, 09:52:39 am »

For some reason, my game can't open sitemaps.
Attempting to open filename: sitemaps.txt Failed to load sitemaps.txt! Reverting to previous version.
Is this a problem?

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 20, 2009, 03:24:29 pm »

The game falls back on old hardcoded map generation code if sitemaps.txt isn't present in your LCS folder.

I dunno how this will effect your game though, as mine has the missing file.
This is not a signature.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 20, 2009, 03:40:45 pm »

I've checked, it certainly is present.  A reinstall didn't seem to help :-\.  I'll try some more.  Here are the effects I've noticed -

Apartments have almost no locked doors, and no restricted areas (ie you can walk anywhere without arousing suspicion).
The gentleman's club has no bouncer, and you can just waltz straight in.  You sometimes find "club security" inside, however.
All "!" thingies seem to move about randomly in the Courthouse, Radio Station and TV station, with the location of each thing changed each time you enter.  Also, the courthouse is massive.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #293 on: September 20, 2009, 08:01:40 pm »

I believe if you're on linux, you'll need to run dos2linux on sitemaps.txt, as the file isn't cross-platform compatible, unfortunately. Try dropping the fixed sitemaps.txt file in the same folder that the executable is in and I believe it should run okay.

Antagonist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 21, 2009, 06:34:21 am »

Geez, been like 2 weeks since new versions and I never noticed... I feel bad now.

Anyway, I notice alot of bug reports in this thread, and I have to ask if they are collected anywhere.  I'd like to request that we start making use of the sourceforge bug tracker (unless Jonathan has other methods of keeping track) so myself and other 'part-time' devs could know where to best put our effort.

I have a paper due for the end of the week but I see no reason I cant donate a few days of coding after that.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 21, 2009, 02:15:28 pm »

I haven't really been recording them in a central place, but if a hero wants to go through and record the reports on the Sourceforge tracker, that would be a very cool thing.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 21, 2009, 06:32:44 pm »

I haven't really been recording them in a central place, but if a hero wants to go through and record the reports on the Sourceforge tracker, that would be a very cool thing.
Does that take much skill of any kind?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 22, 2009, 02:26:29 am »

It shouldn't, really. It's designed to be easy to use by non-developers.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=198808&atid=966959

The "add new" button will let you add new tracker tickets. You can also sort by status or something like that to see what tickets are currently open.

Gimmick Account

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 22, 2009, 02:08:58 pm »

Uuuh... sorry, but my "Squad members don't use counterattacks when not attacking" report was the result of a statistical fluke. Looks like I had some REALLY rotten luck during repeat testing.

The chance for counterattacks seems extremely low until you reach higher skill levels. That's fine, though.

q236

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 23, 2009, 02:41:02 am »

I think I found a bug, while breaking a liberal out of the police station.

Took my squad of six to the lockup and opened it, then had to carry the liberal. On the way out I ran into four police officers. Rather than shooting my way out I tried talking to them. I chose to threaten the hostage (why was this option available if he isn't really a hostage?) they wouldn't back down, then I exchanged the hostage for freedom, but they didn't take him and they left. They accepted it, left, and I was still hauling the liberal out of the station. So, I gave them nothing and left the police station safely.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31