Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31

Author Topic: LCS 4.00.5a Download - Now With 100% More Classic Mode  (Read 72981 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.00.1 Download - Now With 100% More Classic Mode
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2009, 02:41:07 pm »

Bug-conservative college students in vegan co-ops.

Wait, that's a bug?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2009, 02:50:31 pm »

It's a bit weird, but occasional Conservatives at the co-op and Liberals at the gentleman's club are both working as intended.

Edit: I'm having trouble tracking down the police sleeper loot problem. Any more information you can give me about that? How often is the loot broken -- always, usually, just occasionally? One in three? Are they basic police officers, or are they like, death squads and gang units that have the trouble? Anything you can give me is helpful. Unfortunately, saves with broken loot won't help much in this case.

Got the police sleeper bug.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 03:13:18 pm by Jonathan S. Fox »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2009, 02:51:55 pm »

It's a bit weird, but occasional Conservatives at the co-op and Liberals at the gentleman's club are both working as intended.

Edit: I'm having trouble tracking down the police sleeper loot problem. Any more information you can give me about that? How often is the loot broken?
My Gentleman's Club was stuffed with liberals in the previous version.  Probably due to the huge number of sleeper guards there.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2009, 02:54:05 pm »

Edit: I'm having trouble tracking down the police sleeper loot problem. Any more information you can give me about that? How often is the loot broken?
My Gentleman's Club was stuffed with liberals in the previous version.  Probably due to the huge number of sleeper guards there.

Well, it also depends on how Liberal society is. Starting in nightmare mode will stuff the co-op with Conservatives, and an L+ society will stuff the club with Liberals.

Gimmick Account

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2009, 03:55:29 pm »

This is fantastic, I'm LOVING nightmare mode! Finally I get to see all the 'high-end' conservative law effects in action.

It's a shame that stealth mode got axed. The question is, are you going to rework it or is it removed for good? Because if you're open to the concept in principle, I'm sure people could brainstorm together something worthwhile to differentiate it from the standard site approach. For example, certain unstealthy actions could be deactivated completely during a stealth action (no broadcasting, jury manipulation or aggressive actions possible). Triggering the conservative alarm could result in an immediate juice loss and after that a slow one point per turn juice trickle as long as the team stays on site, just to make it clear that raising attention wasn't part of the mission objectives. Despite that, getting your cover blown would reactivate the full spectrum of LCS actions that are still possible to do during an alarm (if only because you have to defend yourself now!).

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.00.2 Download - Now With 100% More Classic Mode
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2009, 04:17:53 pm »

Windows download (including 4.00.1 - 4.00.2 fixes):
http://www.jonathansfox.com/lcs/lcs_win32_4002.zip

Version 4.00.2

-Added Capital Fish's enormous name lists to the name generator.
-Added Psychologist character.
-Greatly reduced the likelihood that site uniques will appear in unsecure areas.
-Fixed bug with occasional blank issue text.
-Fixed bug with broken police station lockup.
-Fixed display issue with sleeper activation.
-Fixed a minor issue with starting skills.
-Fixed bug with date-napping renaming characters and ignoring gender.
-Fixed bug where sleepers stealing equipment could be caught using the old code.
-Fixed bug where the starting lawyer was staying at the apartment instead of the courthouse.
-Fixed bug where degenerate items were being handed out by police sleepers set to steal equipment.

Yes, I'm completely open to having stealth mode in principle. It's really just a matter of it not working the way it was originally designed.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2009, 04:25:04 pm »

I think I just had a bug.  One of my peeps got his head blown apart by an M16 (Nightmare Mode rules), and the death message was-

[red water]Andrew Villa squirts  out of the neck and falls to the side.

Since everything is Ultraconservative, I guess the language might be altered, but that doesn't look right to me.  Misplaced tag maybe?  Also note the double space between 'squirts' and 'out'.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2009, 04:27:44 pm »

When we say stealth actions, do we mean unclaimed actions?  If this is the case, perhaps there would be little/ no juice gain for steathily performed actions, as you aren't performing them directly for the liberal cause?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.00.2a Download - Now With 100% More Classic Mode
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2009, 04:28:59 pm »

Windows download (including 4.00.1 - 4.00.2a fixes):
http://www.jonathansfox.com/lcs/lcs_win32_4002a.zip

Version 4.00.2a

-The starting lawyer is no longer a cop instead of a lawyer. Oops.

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2009, 05:10:42 pm »

Did the "CCS Raids Last Forever And Cannot Be Repelled" bug get fixed yet?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2009, 05:13:21 pm »

Probably not, since I didn't know about it.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2009, 05:43:40 pm »

wow johnathan, your pumping alot out today.
Hello Hunam

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2009, 05:54:33 pm »

The [red water] bug was easy enough to fix, but I don't see an obvious reason why you shouldn't be able to beat CCS sieges; let me know if you can confirm it's not working in this version.

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2009, 05:54:49 pm »

Oh. I apologize. I thought that it would be a known bug by now. :/

I had a thoroughly prepared safehouse with 4 agents and 1 founder armed to the teeth. The CCS attacked, I engaged them in combat, and repelled them. Things did not however work out the way I wanted. After the combat, this was what happened in chronological order:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So I was back where I started. I tried fighting again, but it turns out I only get one step, and it proclaims my victory once more - with no resistance - and I am back to the "Fight or give up" screen. I have the savegame, but you'd have to fight your way to see the bug (and at this point, my squad has survived _three_ CCS attacks in a row, so it might be tricky), as it "resets" every time I quit LCS and start it back up.

Edit:

I'll see if it's the same in 4.00.2a. I experienced this in 4.00.1. On a sidenote, are savegames backwards compatible?

Edit 2:

Using the old savegame on v. 4.00.2a I experience the exact same thing happening, if it matters.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 06:09:35 pm by Rezan »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2009, 06:01:10 pm »

The code for fighting the CCS in their own safehouse is interfering with the code for fighting off a CCS siege. I'll look into it.

Save games should be compatible from 4.00 to 4.00.2a, but I can't guarantee you can load a 4.00.2a game in a previous version.

Edit: The problem is that I got sloppy when doing the initial CCS raids, and had the safehouse convert to a CCS safehouse until proven that you fight them off. This means the game is treating your defense of your safehouse as an attack on an enemy safehouse. This would explain why they were infinite before, and why they're bugged now. Fixing is non-trivial, but I'll get it repaired.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 06:05:20 pm by Jonathan S. Fox »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31