Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31

Author Topic: LCS 4.00.5a Download - Now With 100% More Classic Mode  (Read 72949 times)

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.00.5a Download - Now With 100% More Classic Mode
« Reply #300 on: September 23, 2009, 11:56:59 am »

I think I found a bug, while breaking a liberal out of the police station.

Took my squad of six to the lockup and opened it, then had to carry the liberal. On the way out I ran into four police officers. Rather than shooting my way out I tried talking to them. I chose to threaten the hostage (why was this option available if he isn't really a hostage?) they wouldn't back down, then I exchanged the hostage for freedom, but they didn't take him and they left. They accepted it, left, and I was still hauling the liberal out of the station. So, I gave them nothing and left the police station safely.

LCS: Hey, we'll give you our ... ehm ... hostage to let us go.
Cop: Hrm. Ok. Who have you got anyway?
LCS: *drops ''hostage'' on ground*
Cop: Ehh, just go and we'll pretend we never saw you.
LCS: What's wrong with him?
Cop: It's ... it's a HIPPIE! A dirty, smelly hippie! He'll smell the whole station down. Please, don't give us that hippie!
LCS: *shrugs*

(We have discovered a new technology: Advanced Hippie Tactics)
(Alex Ng, Hippie has an idea! ''Don't wash, conserve water'')
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 23, 2009, 05:39:43 pm »

I think I found a bug, while breaking a liberal out of the police station.

Took my squad of six to the lockup and opened it, then had to carry the liberal. On the way out I ran into four police officers. Rather than shooting my way out I tried talking to them. I chose to threaten the hostage (why was this option available if he isn't really a hostage?) they wouldn't back down, then I exchanged the hostage for freedom, but they didn't take him and they left. They accepted it, left, and I was still hauling the liberal out of the station. So, I gave them nothing and left the police station safely.

LCS: Hey, we'll give you our ... ehm ... hostage to let us go.
Cop: Hrm. Ok. Who have you got anyway?
LCS: *drops ''hostage'' on ground*
Cop: SMELLY HIPPY! SMITE IT! *BANG* *BANG* BANG*

(We have discovered a new technology: Advanced Hippie Tactics)
(Alex Ng, Hippie has an idea! ''Don't wash, conserve water'')
fixed
Hello Hunam

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 24, 2009, 03:08:48 am »

A ten year old kid just blew a deathsquad officer's head off with a shotgun while resisting arrest.

Nightmare mode is awesome!
I always just found it peculiar that the police are always able to pin the crime on you 100 percent of the time. The fact that organized crime rings exist at all without being bombed to hell by the national guard is evidence enough that this is not strictly the case in reality.

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 24, 2009, 09:28:34 am »

On a somewhat related note, if my safehouse is being attacked by non-governmental forces, my operatives should not get assaults/murders on their rap sheets for their acts of self-defense.

While it might be obvious for YOU, it may not be that obvious to the Conservative Police Force who arrive just a little too late to see what happens. Keep in might that Hicks, Corporate Mercs, and other non-government organizations would operate some sort of Guardian in which they claim that they were the ones fighting in self-defense too, and would likely present their case on a AM Radio talk show. The police could get tired of the partisan bickering and decide to just slap murder charges on both factions, letting the Jury handle it. "Execute them all, it's the only way to be sure."

Your sleeper lawyer would tell the jury that you were fighting in self-defense, and thus get acquitted.

Honest man! Me and my merc pals were just going to have a picnic when the LCS attacked us! A picnic, in the homeless shelter, with our rifles and body armor!
I always just found it peculiar that the police are always able to pin the crime on you 100 percent of the time. The fact that organized crime rings exist at all without being bombed to hell by the national guard is evidence enough that this is not strictly the case in reality.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 24, 2009, 05:25:08 pm »

It shouldn't, really. It's designed to be easy to use by non-developers.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=198808&atid=966959

The "add new" button will let you add new tracker tickets. You can also sort by status or something like that to see what tickets are currently open.
Im still not really sure about what Im supposed to do....

Mabey Im not the one for this job. :(

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 24, 2009, 05:51:50 pm »

On a somewhat related note, if my safehouse is being attacked by non-governmental forces, my operatives should not get assaults/murders on their rap sheets for their acts of self-defense.

While it might be obvious for YOU, it may not be that obvious to the Conservative Police Force who arrive just a little too late to see what happens. Keep in might that Hicks, Corporate Mercs, and other non-government organizations would operate some sort of Guardian in which they claim that they were the ones fighting in self-defense too, and would likely present their case on a AM Radio talk show. The police could get tired of the partisan bickering and decide to just slap murder charges on both factions, letting the Jury handle it. "Execute them all, it's the only way to be sure."

Your sleeper lawyer would tell the jury that you were fighting in self-defense, and thus get acquitted.

Honest man! Me and my merc pals were just going to have a picnic when the LCS attacked us! A picnic, in the homeless shelter, with our rifles and body armor!

Yeah man!  We were just exercising our right to bear automatic arms!  With terrorists like the LCS running around, we'd be foolish not to!

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 24, 2009, 06:09:14 pm »

Yeah man!  We were just exercising our right to bear automatic arms!  With terrorists like the LCS running around, we'd be foolish not to!

Totally man! We just accedently blew up the LCS headquarters in the process!
Hello Hunam

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 24, 2009, 08:39:49 pm »

Awww bro, Im still gonna have to take you in for that man!

*clink*

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 26, 2009, 06:27:05 pm »

oh, well I'll have to kill you man *sounds of m16 killing kopz*
Hello Hunam

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #309 on: September 27, 2009, 11:25:58 pm »

And that is the story of why the CCS is constantly having rampages.

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 28, 2009, 10:31:29 am »

On an unrelated note do you play Gratuitous Space Battles Fox? I could've sworn I've seen one of your challanges...

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 28, 2009, 11:45:06 am »

And that is the story of why the CCS is constantly having rampages.

Bah! That their patriotic struggles are slandered as "rampages" is nothing more than evidence of the unabashed Liberal bias of the media.

Why, I actually heard a Liberal finish a sentence on the Defaulto Factor last week. Fair and balanced, my [foot]!

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 28, 2009, 12:13:04 pm »

Hi all i would like to ask a question about this (4.00.5) version,
in the begining there are 3 options:
A - Classic mode No CCS
B - We didnt started ... CCS alredy exist
C - Nigthmare
So i understand C, but have some problem with A and B,
they seem to be mutualy axclusive but what happens if:
1) A selected
2) B selected
3) A&B selected
4) none of them selected
My idees, or understanding would say:
1) No CCS never in that game (like if it would be alredy dead)
2) CCS active
3) seems that it is the same then 1) (cause B is grayed)
4) the real classic mode where CCS is not existing but can be activated.
Am i rigth? or had i misunderstude those texts (sorry if it is simple but i am not english so that migth be a problem too, and haven't found anything about that on wiki neither)
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 28, 2009, 01:33:25 pm »

Your 1-3 are accurate, and your 4 almost is. The only quibble I'd make is that 1 actually is the "real" Classic Mode, as the CCS did not exist in the early versions of Liberal Crime Squad; it is a (relatively) recent addition. 4 is better described as "normal" than "classic".

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 28, 2009, 02:18:59 pm »

Your 1-3 are accurate, and your 4 almost is. The only quibble I'd make is that 1 actually is the "real" Classic Mode, as the CCS did not exist in the early versions of Liberal Crime Squad; it is a (relatively) recent addition. 4 is better described as "normal" than "classic".
Thank for the quick reply,
for me it was confusing 'cause i begun to play in the last version so for me classic was egal to CCS activable ... maybe you should name it more ... propriate then classic mode, so even newbees like me can easely understand ...
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31