Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31

Author Topic: LCS 4.00.5a Download - Now With 100% More Classic Mode  (Read 72392 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.00.5a Download - Now With 100% More Classic Mode
« Reply #270 on: September 17, 2009, 06:05:13 pm »

Hey I really like the new lcs version but I don't know if what's happening is a bug or what. I was trying to keep a low profile, small thievery and whatnot, but found that I wasn't receiving any juice for my apartment thieving. Is this planned or something bizarre?
Juice is sort of like liberal street cred.  You only get it for performing public actions.  I think that basically everything that will give you juice gains will trigger a news story, with the possible exception of spraying graffiti.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

viskaslietuvai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 17, 2009, 10:02:58 pm »

Juice is sort of like liberal street cred.  You only get it for performing public actions.  I think that basically everything that will give you juice gains will trigger a news story, with the possible exception of spraying graffiti.
Yeah, I remember what the juice represents I just remember them good ole days when you could keep a low profile and then burst on the scene with a fair amount of juice. If that's changed I will need to dramatically change my strategery.
The open way's too dangerous / Listen close they're watching us
One more time you're losing us / Hold still they're shooting us
First wave down / I wonder when they're coming back
First wave intact
-Secret Machines- First Wave Intact
Gobbo Invasion Song!

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 17, 2009, 10:52:05 pm »

If you are playing a thief then stealing corporate files or ceo pictures is a good way to raise juice.  It doesn't raise that much heat, but it will cause you to burst onto the scene.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #273 on: September 18, 2009, 12:24:53 am »

I don't remember removing juice from stealing, but still, it was probably just one of my more boneheaded moves at trying to balance a problem that doesn't exist. Unlike lockpicking, stealing is a relatively risky activity and even if it's low-profile, it seems fully deserving of juice gains.

Ryuji

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Guardian of Elite Spiral Liberalism
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 18, 2009, 11:34:25 am »

Specially if you consider that you're stealing goods from a conservative society, which has obtained things that rightfully belong to the populace!

And you know the saying: You must set a thief to catch a thief.

Also, hello everyone! I just happened to stumble upon Liberal Crime Squad while looking for good Roguelikes, and found it interesting.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 11:40:18 am by Ryuji »
Don't believe in you who believes in me, nor in me who believes in you. Believe in you who believes in yourself.

Gimmick Account

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 18, 2009, 05:07:29 pm »

I don't remember removing juice from stealing, but still, it was probably just one of my more boneheaded moves at trying to balance a problem that doesn't exist. Unlike lockpicking, stealing is a relatively risky activity and even if it's low-profile, it seems fully deserving of juice gains.

I will disagree with you here and say that there really WAS a juice problem on some level, but it was only relevant to the higher liberal ranks, which took too long to reach. I agree that the new juice system, all things considered, is worse than what we had before version 4.00, but it was worth a try. Removing the juice cap per mission might already have been too much even without doubling experience gains on top of that, so maybe it's just the amount of juice required to advance ranks that should be reduced (I could dig up the recent post I made about this, but as you're swamped with college work, that would probably be wasted effort right now, right?).

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 18, 2009, 05:46:45 pm »

Actually, if balancing regarding juice is to be done, I'd argue hacking ought to be toned down. I managed to get 30 hackers from Punk to Liberal Guardian simultaneously before having to shift safehouses ahead of their first police raid. That was maybe 12-15 months gametime, albeit with a 20 Computer hacker leading the effort, and a 18 Computer teacher speeding their skill development along. At the rate they were gaining juice at the end, they'd have been Liberal Elite in another 9 months or so, with next to no risk.

(I was also training them in Law and Persuasion simultaneously, and most of them could have easily beat 60 or 80 hacking charges between their juice, skills, and base stats if they'd've failed to avoid that raid.)

Ryuji

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Guardian of Elite Spiral Liberalism
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 18, 2009, 09:31:28 pm »

Actually, if balancing regarding juice is to be done, I'd argue hacking ought to be toned down. I managed to get 30 hackers from Punk to Liberal Guardian simultaneously before having to shift safehouses ahead of their first police raid. That was maybe 12-15 months gametime, albeit with a 20 Computer hacker leading the effort, and a 18 Computer teacher speeding their skill development along. At the rate they were gaining juice at the end, they'd have been Liberal Elite in another 9 months or so, with next to no risk.

(I was also training them in Law and Persuasion simultaneously, and most of them could have easily beat 60 or 80 hacking charges between their juice, skills, and base stats if they'd've failed to avoid that raid.)

Erm, you know that there is a cap to the juice you get for hacking, right? That is a counterweight for the fact that you get juice quickly. If you want to get more, you can't just sit down and hack conservative sites. You have to go out there and show them who's boss personally!
Don't believe in you who believes in me, nor in me who believes in you. Believe in you who believes in yourself.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 18, 2009, 09:56:41 pm »

Pretty sure there was a cap....  BUT.

I found my hackers gaining +1 juice after the 50 mark...  So...  ??

Was looking for a way to get + juice for a boatload of people at the same time.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #279 on: September 18, 2009, 11:33:29 pm »

It's possible that there's a cap for basic disrupting Conservative sites, but not for the more hardcore hacking that results in secret documents and national security breaches. I'm not actually sure at the moment.

[...] (I could dig up the recent post I made about this, but as you're swamped with college work, that would probably be wasted effort right now, right?).

Yeah, sorry. I'm barely keeping up with the forum, and stuff posted between update periods often falls through the cracks for me. :P

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 18, 2009, 11:59:35 pm »

As it now stands, there's a cap for Harass Websites (50?), but you can Hack all the way up to Liberal Elite. In terms of calendar time, it's pretty slow Juice gain, but in terms of player clock time, it's insanely fast, especially since one good hacker can carry an unlimited number of co-located chumps.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 19, 2009, 02:03:23 am »

As it now stands, there's a cap for Harass Websites (50?), but you can Hack all the way up to Liberal Elite. In terms of calendar time, it's pretty slow Juice gain, but in terms of player clock time, it's insanely fast, especially since one good hacker can carry an unlimited number of co-located chumps.

Hmm...  nice... nice...  the liberal agenda shall move forward.  Albeit, slowly.

EdIT:  I love starting out in conservative nightmare.  So many 'features' that I wouldn't have seen if it was normal play.

The biggest problem, starting out with the CCS is that they pretty much immediately shoot their own feet, multiple times.  That is in a conservative nightmare though....
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 03:27:48 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 19, 2009, 09:16:54 am »

I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 19, 2009, 11:25:50 am »

I love nightmare mode too, I dont even play regular anymore! :P

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 19, 2009, 11:38:39 am »

The biggest problem, starting out with the CCS is that they pretty much immediately shoot their own feet, multiple times.  That is in a conservative nightmare though....

You can fix that by picking Strong CCS. A Strong CCS boosts Political Violence tolerance up, so the CCS no longer alienate people when doing terrorism.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31