Advanced search  

Author Topic: Winded  (Read 705 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Winded
« on: September 04, 2009, 09:22:10 pm »

After my last fortress fell after a demon attack(the demons were slain, but the fortress was in such a bad shape after it didn't stand a chance). I made a dwarf adventurer and came to loot the fortress, getting +«-Adamantine Chain Mail-»+ and an +«-Adamantine Battle Axe-»+. The latter required me to plunge into the lower caverns of the fortress, which was flooding(but not flooded - the water was 3/7 in most areas). On my way back up however, I suddenly became Winded, and now I can't move. I don't seem to be dying, despite being submerged in water, yet I can't go anywhere either. Anyoen know how I can fix this?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Deandet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Winded
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 10:43:38 am »

I rember that I was training my dabbling swimming skill and when I moved in the water for the fifth time in a row, I decided to move out of the water, but when I reached the ramp I was winded for less than half a second. Then I was on the land.

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 01:03:06 pm »

Only thing I can think to try is waiting (I think the default button is ".").  Laying down might help.  Make a save, and get ready to scum.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Kaiser Reinhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 01:30:16 pm »

Not being able to move might be due to the square you are trying to move to having a higher water level than the square you are on. Wait for the water level to drop with . or use alt+move.

Not sure about the winded part though.

durt101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 06:38:37 pm »

Winded - no idea.
But note that when swimming in 7 water, when there's something on top of you (I was swimming under a bridge when I found this out), you drown. So, you know, have open air.